200 calorie dinner ideas

Options
Laine
Laine Posts: 82 Member
I put in my calories for the day and am left with 201 calories for dinner. Don't think I will have a chance to work out today so looking for ideas for dinner that wont sent me TOO far over. I'm obviously having higher calorie breakfast and lunch meals so shouldn't need too much for dinner. HELP!!!!

Replies

• might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only thing that comes to mind would be a salad loaded with veggies!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Chickpea and Spinach Curry

My family loves it when I cook this! There are 3 servings because I eat it on its own as a meal, but if you have it with rice, or pilau bulgur as I occasionally do, you can half the portion size. This is so incredibly low calorie for a huge portion and one of the meals I tend to make in bulk and keep in the freezer for a while. It really is delicious! Don't be daunted by all the herbs and spices, they are all great for using with other things.

Serves: 3
    240g chick peas, canned, drained weight (basically one tin)
    400g tomatoes, canned
    100g spinach
    8 mushrooms
    1 onion
    2g yellow mustard seeds
    5g paprika
    5g cumin
    2g ginger
    2g garam masala
    3 cloves garlic
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp salt
    1g pepper
    1 small red pepper
    1 small green pepper
    2 small yellow pepper

Heat the oil in the bottom of a large pan.
    Add the mustard seeds on low temperature
    When the mustard seeds start to pop add in the sliced onions garlic and ginger with a little water.
    When the onions soften add in the mushrooms and peppers.
    Add in the spices and herbs and cover for 5 mins until all the veg is soft.
    Add in the chickpeas and cover for 5 more mins.
    Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
    After 5 or so mins add the spinach (about 6/7 lumps frozen).
    Mix the spinach in so its covered by the sauce.
    Cover it up but keep stirring every few mins.
    It can be served as soon as the spinach is cooked (i.e. not frozen in big lumps, but flavour intensifies the longer you simmer it for.
    It may need simmering without the lid to reduce the wateriness of the sauce.

240 calories per serving, 7.4g F, 0.9g SF, 38.2 C, 8g S, 9.5 Fb, 9.8g P
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    PIta bread (around 100 cal) spread with hummus (50-70 cal) ,and raw or steamed veggies. you can make it a 'pita pocket', more of a pizza shape, or roll it up like a wrap.
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump

that curry sounds good! I might make that this week!
  • bluedolly
    Options
    Half a whole wheat bagel w/ reduced fat cream cheese and 2 teaspoons of jam + 10 Almonds

Tuna, apple, onion & reduced mayo served on lettuce leaves with 3 toast points

Deli Flats Honey Whole Wheat Bread w/ 2 oz turkey, 1 teap reduced fat mayo, 1 teasp pesto, tomatoe & argula

All of these are under 200 or just a bit over.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    1 cup cauliflower florets
    1 cup mushrooms raw
    1 cup egg whites

Steam or boil vegetables, put them on the frying pan with some pam, season to taste, cook till colden color, add egg whites and cook till egg whites are done. SO SATISFYING for me. And it is a HUGE portion!!!

about 150-160 calories. You can even add 0.5 oz of cheese on the top (+ 50 calories)
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

My family loves it when I cook this! There are 3 servings because I eat it on its own as a meal, but if you have it with rice, or pilau bulgur as I occasionally do, you can half the portion size. This is so incredibly low calorie for a huge portion and one of the meals I tend to make in bulk and keep in the freezer for a while. It really is delicious! Don't be daunted by all the herbs and spices, they are all great for using with other things.

Yum! I have copied this one to get the ingredients for next week - love curry, especially when its not to hard on the calories :bigsmile:
  • paroxysm
    Options
    We just had these Pizza's for dinner last night (each 8 inches) that were 181 calories each and very filling:

Tumaro's - Gourmet Tortillas -Low In Carbs - Salsa 8", 3 tortilla
    Kraft - 2% Milk Natural Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (With Added Calcium), 3/4 Cup
    Contadina - Pizza Sauce, 3/4 cup
    Fresh - Chopped Green Bell Peppers, 1 Lrg. Green Bell Pepper
    Dole - Sliced Pre-Cleaned Mushrooms, 15 med. (84g)

Total: 543 68 20 52 27
    Per Serving: 181 23 7 17 9

You put the tortillas (the Tumaro's are 50cal apiece) on a baking pan, put 1/4 cup of sauce on each, 1/4 cup of cheese on each, we used green pepper and mushrooms to top along with some fresh oregano and ground pepper.

bake in a 400 oven for 8-9 minutes or until the cheese it bubbles and the edges look slightly brown.

they are quite awesome and so filling =)

This recipe makes 3 but obviously can be adjusted and you can use whatever toppings just adjust the calories accordingly.

*Edited for awful spelling lol
  • steph8008
    steph8008 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A BOWL OF SPECIAL K WITH BERRIES.. .I OFTEN HAVE THAT FOR DINNER!:smile:
  • soleste
    Options
    A tilapia fillet, baked with lemon + thyme and salad
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    A big veggie salad or veggie soup is about all I can think of.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Laine
    Laine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas! the curry sounds really yummy, i have to make note of these for more days like today!
  • beMOEfit
    beMOEfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to have a can of tuna and either some corn tortillas or Sara lee delightfull bread. No mayo, just relish and jalepenos usually. 2 corn tortillas is 90 calories or 2 slices of Sara Lee is 90 calories plus 100 calories for a can of tuna.
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Serves: 3
    240g chick peas, canned, drained weight (basically one tin)
    400g tomatoes, canned
    100g spinach
    8 mushrooms
    1 onion
    2g yellow mustard seeds
    5g paprika
    5g cumin
    2g ginger
    2g garam masala
    3 cloves garlic
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp salt
    1g pepper
    1 small red pepper
    1 small green pepper
    2 small yellow pepper

Heat the oil in the bottom of a large pan.
    Add the mustard seeds on low temperature
    When the mustard seeds start to pop add in the sliced onions garlic and ginger with a little water.
    When the onions soften add in the mushrooms and peppers.
    Add in the spices and herbs and cover for 5 mins until all the veg is soft.
    Add in the chickpeas and cover for 5 more mins.
    Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir well.
    After 5 or so mins add the spinach (about 6/7 lumps frozen).
    Mix the spinach in so its covered by the sauce.
    Cover it up but keep stirring every few mins.
    It can be served as soon as the spinach is cooked (i.e. not frozen in big lumps, but flavour intensifies the longer you simmer it for.
    It may need simmering without the lid to reduce the wateriness of the sauce.

240 calories per serving, 7.4g F, 0.9g SF, 38.2 C, 8g S, 9.5 Fb, 9.8g P

Wow I'm drooling! This sounds so yummy.
  • dispatcherbeware
    Options
    All ideas sound awesome incase i am ever in that boat.