HRM

Options
Hello!
I'm trying to get into the whole exercising game but don't always go to the gym. I was thinking about getting an HRM so that I can tell how many calories I lose doing videos (30 day shred etc). I was wondering which one is the best bang for your buck and also sizing. I'm pretty heavy (more than 100lbs to lose) and was worried that maybe one wouldn't fit?
Thanks!
Molly08

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am 185lbs.. started at 205lbs... this is the HRM I got.. works great.. good price and def fits!!! Plus comes with chest strap.. yes that fits too!!! So its more accurate

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/4/FitnessWellness/TimersMonitors/PRD~0840496P/Unisex%2BDuo%2B1010%2BHeart%2BMonitor.jsp?locale=en
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm trying to get into the whole exercising game but don't always go to the gym. I was thinking about getting an HRM so that I can tell how many calories I lose doing videos (30 day shred etc). I was wondering which one is the best bang for your buck and also sizing. I'm pretty heavy (more than 100lbs to lose) and was worried that maybe one wouldn't fit?
    Thanks!
    Molly08

Polar make very efficient watches of all kinds for all needs...
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i recommend the polar as well....
  • taiyab3
    Options
    Hello!
    Thanks!
    Molly08

The best bang for your buck I would say is the Polar FT60. It actually will create a program for you and your fitness level so you get the best workout you can. I have used polar for over 10 years and the FT60 is the best one yet. I absolutely LOVE it. The women's wristband is thin but should accomodate you fine. I bought on Amazon it is only 199.95 right now.
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have the polat ft7, The chest band is adjustable and even adjusting it to my 230lb frame it fits fine and there is still plenty of room for adjustment should i get bigger...but lets hope not eh!
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    I got mine from Walmart for less than $50 Hope this helps.. Good Luck on ur journey
  • Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was more worried about the strap than the watch, but I will try and find one in town :o)
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar f11. I really like it a lot and would recommend Polar as well
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have the $50 one from Walmart and it work great. I also have 100+ pounds to lose and the strap fits well. If you experience any problems getting the strap to pick up you heart rate try adding a little salt some water and wipe off with that instead of using plain water. It really works.