Is too much protein a problem?

Options
I always seem to go over on the protein I am supposed to have. Is there such a thing as too much protein? I like to eat a lot of turkey and chicken.

Replies

• abrooks77
    abrooks77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always seem to go over on the protein I am supposed to have. Is there such a thing as too much protein? I like to eat a lot of turkey and chicken.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do too.
    I eat lots of seafood & chicken.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    There are lots of opinions on protein. I adjusted mine up here, as I exercise at a good intensity regularly, and am trying to build muscle. Google something like "how much protein do I need?" and get some opinions about how much you should get in your diet. Just for example, I average about 80 grams a day.
  • abrooks77
    abrooks77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks guys. I always was under the impression that a high amount of protein in your diet was good to gain muscle. I will google it. Thanks again!!
  • soccermommie02
    Options
    I asked my Dr that too. She told me I should be eating between 70-90 protein.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I was checking this because of my sushi lunch. I found out that you should have .36 of your body weight. Going over now and then wont do anything, but a constant overload of protein is when you have problems.