Frustrated

Options
Hi All,
I'm new to MFP. I've been using this for about 3 weeks now. I am very frustrated!! I track my food and exercise daily. I am consistenly under my calorie goal, but over in protein. My first weigh in last week showed a 2 lbs loss (YAY!!) I am also doing the Insanity program, so I am working out 6 days a week. Today was my second weigh in and I'm at 1.5 lb gain... I'm tired of the yo-yo ing. I watch what I eat, am making healthier choices. I have cut out my beloved Mt Dew and all other soda's and have drink water constantly. I was hoping by week 3 I could have a minimum of 5lb weight loss... but I'm still stuck at zero! What gives???

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you are doing insanity you should not go under 1600 cals in any day.
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    It will happen .Frustration is part of our weight loss process it does work ..Keep up the great work ...You will feel and see changes gradually it can be overwhelming at times but just keep it up it pays off !!
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You may be working out too much. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are adding muscle & losing fat, not much change will show up on the scale. You may see greater improvement with a tape measure. Inches lost are just as great as pounds lost!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    read these they may help i uptted my calories and started losing again , sounds daft i know but :~)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Good luck on your journey :~)
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's quite possible you are replacing fat with muscle if you are doing Insanity and muscle weighs more. Are you taking your measurements? You may be able to track your transformation through inches lost to encourage you.
    Good luck and way to go doing Insanity!!
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    You could have put on muscle weight if you have been exercising alot or watch sodium it's a killer ON THE SCALE!
  • katemaryberry
    katemaryberry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have been tracking for about 2 1/2 weeks and exercising 4-5 times per week (Insanity workouts and running 3+ miles) and haven't lost more that 2 lbs! But, my clothes are fitting differently. My face is thinner. I have more energy. Stick with it- it's a marathon,not a sprint!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest taking some other body measurements that you can track over time in addition to weight. When I have plateaued on weight, I have foudn that other changes are happening, positive changes, but they don't necessarily show up on the scale right away.

I do assure you that if you do the right stuff, consistently, the results will come. But, healthy results come slow and you will have weeks with no weight loss as part of the journey.

Best of Luck!!!

--Carter
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, it could be one or a combination of a few things. Buy a cheap tape measure and measure yourself in a few different places. Muscle does not weigh more than fat, a pound is pound however it is possible that you are building muscle in the place of fat and 1lb of muscle takes up a considerable smaller amount of space than 1lb of fat...so it is very possible you may be losing inches. With Insanity you could be eating too little, try eating some of your exercise calories.... yes sometimes you have to eat more to lose, it can affect your metabolism. Sometimes you just have to play with the numbers to find out what works for YOU. Its a process that will not happen over night, you didn't gain the unwanted weight overnight and you wont lose it that fast either. Good luck to you on your journey.