T.O.M = Exhausted

Options
Hi, so I have been trying to keep up the with gym and exercising amd I have been doing really well but of course its T.O.M and I am feeling completely exhausted and have NOOOOOO energy, if anyone has any suggestions how to fight this that would be fabulous because I really want to stay motivated but I am finding it really hard :happy:

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    What are you normally eating on a daily basis?
  • valucarelli
    valucarelli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do you take vitamins? I would be exhausted 24/7 if I didn't take mine everyday!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I started having this problem AFTER I lost 90 lbs. I found that if I just take a few days off from the gym (just the days I feel REALLY bad) I was more apt to continue to eat right and stay on track. If I forced myself to go to the gym, I'd eat whatever I wanted and then get frustrated at my weight gain. BLAH!!!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I always feel so so so much better after I work out when it's that TOM.
    Exercising can help give you energy, as well as water, water and water! Rest, vitamins and healthy eating.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Take vitamins, get enough sleep, make sure you're eating well and often. For some reason, I can really make it through TOM. The week after I am ALWAYS struggling to get through my workouts. I wonder if I anemic from TOM? Not sure.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Right now I have my TOM and I was really pushing myself to workout last night. I did. I must say I tried but couldn't give it 100%. But, I did it nonetheless. Listen to your body. A day off here and there wont hurt.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ...I think I might start taking a multivit again I did take them but just kinda forgot about them hopefully that will work
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    VALUCARELLI Do you mind me asking what vitamins you take or is it just a multi vitamin cos i am exhausted twenty four seven and have the black bags underneath to prove it :) i have started taking vitamin b6 and primrose oil for T.O.M related things i heard they are good but i have literally only started so cant say if they are or arent. anyways am just wondering Thanks :)
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    It's my TOM too, and yesterday I had some pretty significant lower back pain, and just general feelings of blah and no energy or motivation.

I came on here and did a search about exercising during TOM (honestly hoping to see threads of women giving the OK to slack off lol) But instead I found overwhelming advice to get off my bum and work out anyway and that it usually made them feel better.

So I started a video (Jillian Michaels - Burn Fat Boost Metabolism) and the opening warmup was admittedly unpleasant, but by the second round of warm up I was feeling much better. And I pushed through the entire video.

Sure my strength wasn't 100% nor was my endurance, but I felt a fantastic afterwards compared to how I was physically and emotionally doing before starting.

I say push through and you'll find improvement :)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    girl, i know how you feel. i just started and i had to FORCE myself to go upstairs today and i only completed 20 minutes on the elliptical!! i was so tired and BLAH!!

just push through it, it wont last forever (Thank gosh!) ha ha
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I always feel so so so much better after I work out when it's that TOM.
    Exercising can help give you energy, as well as water, water and water! Rest, vitamins and healthy eating.

I do to. I go to the gym feeling beat down and leave feel awesome.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The absolute best supplement that I take to help me through TOM is a daily Iron tablet. We're losing Iron when we are losing blood. Simple as that, take Iron.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I take womens centrum 1 a day and vit b. I just kinda forgot about taking them so I am going to start up again an hopefully that will help with the tired feeling !!!
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Its a shame we have to deal with this once month!!!