On the path to becomming un-frumpy, want to join me?

Options
Hey everyone! One of the big reasons I started out on this site was because in having my two kids, and in being their mama, I lost interest in my own upkeep. I felt very unhealthy, and very frumpy. I can't even remember the last time I looked in the mirror and thought, "hot mama." So I decided, there are probably many others on similar journeys who would benefit, or just enjoy, seeing and hearing not only about my small successes, but how I was achieving them. So, I tried my hand at a blog. It's pretty new, so it will only get better. I plan on reviewing tools I use, (my first review is of this site...), as well as posting recipes, pictures, success stories, struggles, etc. I call it The Formerly Frumpy Mama. If you are also journeying toward un-frumpiness, check it out. http://theformerlyfrumpymama.blogspot.com/ I love mfp. It has pushed and inspired me so much. I'm excited to share this journey with all of you!

Replies

• barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Count me in to "unfrump" :)
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Definitely frumpy since my first kid. Havent cared about what I look like for a long time! :( Going to change that
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Loved the blog! You will succeed as you are putting all the steps into place. So keep up the good work. I think we can feel frumpy at any age. I know I was feeling it too and although I am still on my journey, it sure feels better all the time! I actually had a picture taken last night with my grandkids and when I looked at it, did not hate it instantly! That was pretty exciting.

So keep up the good work and watch for those great minutes that show you that you are on the right track. Plus look at the great example you are showing your kids! Hot Mama on her way!!
  • lorriefagan
    lorriefagan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! One of the big reasons I started out on this site was because in having my two kids, and in being their mama, I lost interest in my own upkeep. I felt very unhealthy, and very frumpy. I can't even remember the last time I looked in the mirror and thought, "hot mama." So I decided, there are probably many others on similar journeys who would benefit, or just enjoy, seeing and hearing not only about my small successes, but how I was achieving them. So, I tried my hand at a blog. It's pretty new, so it will only get better. I plan on reviewing tools I use, (my first review is of this site...), as well as posting recipes, pictures, success stories, struggles, etc. I call it The Formerly Frumpy Mama. If you are also journeying toward un-frumpiness, check it out. http://theformerlyfrumpymama.blogspot.com/ I love mfp. It has pushed and inspired me so much. I'm excited to share this journey with all of you!

Sounds good!! I will join you in this journey!
  • gracemtn
    gracemtn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me In
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm on my way to "un-frumping" myself! Count me in!
  • seventysix06
    seventysix06 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome idea! One of my resolutions the last couple of years has included "become more high maintenance" :). Now, i'm not that superficial but it stems from the same sentiment echoed here--the "what happened to the cuteness?" And i don't even have kids as an excuse. For example--i' m finally getting a haircut tomorrow--it's been a year!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would love to become "un-frumped"!
  • jscimeca
    Options
    Count me in to "unfrump' as well!!! I have been feeling the same way as you. I was so preoccupied by taking care of my family (whic I love to do) and I forgot all about me... I'm so overweight and unhealthy right now, I have been disgusted with myself.
    Now I feel like that is the kind of thinking that has gotten me here (fatville) and kept me here for so long.
    I am working my *kitten* off and am happy to be a part of the challange to "unfrump"!!!
  • KELM0710
    KELM0710 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been a member since Saturday and already am feeling super motivated to actually do something. I love the food and exercise trackers!! I need to figure out a day to do my weigh ins...Im thinking mondays.

Definitely count me in on this journey!! I am all for being a "hot momma"!!! The best I have looked in a while was 3 days after I had my first son and 3 days after my second son. I was blessed to not gain more than 15lbs each pregnancy but then lack of exercise and lack of care for what I ate helped spike that weight gain up super fast!!

Im ready to never wear a 14 again!!!!!!! :):)
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm so on board!! I've let myself get frumpy over the last few years. I was just thinking on Saturday that I need to take a few more minutes each day and put on a little makeup. It always helps me to feel better about myself and always perks up my face. I had a male friend who said to me once that I was a very attractive woman and I need to appreciate that and take a little time to put a little makeup on, etc. That spoke volumes to me! So I'm motivated to get back into the groove and out of the frumpiness!!

Thanks for the share!! :heart:
  • Happy_JoJo
    Happy_JoJo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    what a great idea!!! I can say from experience, having lost 70ish pounds over the past 2.5 years that as you progress the urge to "UN-FRUMP" becomes greater as the scale goes down!!!!!!!!!! It's a great feeling. I have 30ish more pounds to loose, but I want to be a "yummy mummie" some day!!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am in with you too!! Thanks!
  • suszieq55
    suszieq55 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!