Starting 30 Day Shred

Options
Starting the 30 day shred today. Any suggestions on when to switch from level 1 to level 2? I'm a beginner to exercise. Anyone who wants to start a round today is more than welcome.

Thanks!

Replies

• Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im starting mine tomorrow, its 10days a level
  • sdoro
    sdoro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is awesome!! I did a work-out everyday, but never was sore. But when I started The 30 day shred i was sore the next day, it sucked, but it feels so great to know that its working!! You'll notice you'll be sore, and when the level 1 makes you feel like its becoming alot more easier move to level 2. I switched to level 2 about a week and a half after doing level 1 everyday. It really depends on how you feel and if you feel like its still a 'work out' you want it to be challenging, but not overwhelming! Good luck!!!
  • DonnaK1109
    Options
    can you give me some more information this " shred" and levels that you are talking about.
  • shaunus1970
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred? sounds interesting
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today is my 10th day on level one. I'm aiming for 10 days on each level. Level one started off hard... but now it's super easy and I'm ready to move up!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    can you give me some more information this " shred" and levels that you are talking about.

Jillian Michaels work out DVD called 30 Day Shred.
    Get it - it's fab!
  • rikkitikki
    rikkitikki Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too! Everyone makes it sound so great; thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hate the Shred. Which means it is working and my lazy butt needs to keep doing it! Ha! I would rather run for an hour than do any kind of strength training, but it is only 20 minutes and I need to suck it up!
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    It is great. You can get it at walmart for under $10.:smile:
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    I've started 30DS a few times, and given up. I started again today because it works, and I've got a vacation coming up in 6 weeks that I'll need to wear a bathing suit for. Gotta look better for vaca! Oh, and this week I'm doing Level 1 twice a day because I ate horribly over the weekend (daughter's birthday and TOM...BAD combination!).
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You'll love it!1 She keeps you motivated! Im doing in 30d increments. Level 1 30d, Level 2 30d, Level 3 30d. Starting Level 2 this week!
  • LRamsey6
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is awesome!! I'm doing it currently now too. I started it about 4 weeks ago, was out of town for a week, and I'm starting it again tonight. I've seen great results. Yes, you'll be sore after your workouts, but that is one of the main things that keeps me motivated. I like to feel the burn! Stick with it -- she's tough, but great results!
  • kayelkay
    Options
    I'm starting today too!
    I would say try to spend approximately 10 days on each level, but progress to the next level if the workout starts to feel easy. Maybe you could even rotate through the levels to prevent boredom
  • Peyton115
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred a few days ago! I'll add you and we can keep each other motivated if you'd like?
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    Started today also! :o)
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Restarting 30 day shred today......fell off the wagon for about 1 1/2 months. Great work out. I made it to level 3 before stopping. Don't get discouraged in those first few days. Jillian says "for those of you on day 5, 6, or 7, you start to feel a change" and I really did. So hang in there! I'll be shredding right there with you.
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! I suck at keeping myself motivated. Thanks!
  • trudypickles
    Options
    I started today but had no hand weights!!
    (I orderd them from amazon at the same time) so I used tins of dog food....then just as I finished my weights were delivered lol
    I followed it with a 20 mun jog so will see how sore I am tomorrow ;)
  • Clare78
    Options
    I started yesterday too. Have had the DVD since October and briefly dabbled in Level 1 but then quit....so am back on it and determined to do 30 days.

If you google you can find some before/after pictures from people who have done the full 30 days, pretty amazing results, am determined to see this one through!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I can see why they call it "The Shred", that's exactly how I feel - like I've been shredded - and then run over by a steam roller!!!

Only on D2 of L1 as well - my thighs are killing me and the area round my shoulders/arms is hurting from the push ups. But I shall be doing it again tomorrow, providing I can actually move, especially as I've yet to cycle home and then have a horse-riding lesson tonight for an hour or so!!!!!!