Have YOU done this?

Options
trisha329
trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
One of my friends posted that she had fudged her weight on her driver's license. Several other friends (including me!) quickly chimed in that they did the same thing. For some reason, it just seems to be a completely justifiable thing to do! I mean, after all...does DMV REALLY need to know how much I weigh?! I think not! :noway:

I just pulled my license out the other day and saw that I fudged my weight by about 45 pounds! And now, I'm actually ten pounds lower than the "fake" weight! I can't wait until it expires next year -- that picture is just awful! Although, at the time, I thought it was pretty good!

Now I'm curious as to how many of us have actually done this...and by how much?!

Replies

• bex22mcn
    Options
    Where do you live? What kind of driver licensing agency needs to know the weight of it's applicants?
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I lied on mine big time but I am now actually a little below the fake weight. YAY!!!!!!!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I *tried* fudging my weight. I told the DMV I weighed 150 (I was 190 then) and he actually put 180 on my DL... BOO! But when I get to 150 you better believe I am going to "lose" my license and get a new one because I am not waiting 3 more years lol.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Also, not that I care but its illegal to fudge your weight more than 50 lbs... hope they have fun enforcing that one :wink:
  • loveshannonmarie
    loveshannonmarie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh yeahhhh definitly lied on mine lol I think everyone does haha
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I lied about my weight on my driver's license when I was 16! So, I'm over by 20 pounds or so... and it's even below my goal weight, so don't know if I will ever have my real weight on my license! HAhaha
  • trisha329
    Options
    Where do you live? What kind of driver licensing agency needs to know the weight of it's applicants?

I'm in Colorado...and I know it seems crazy to ask for weight, especially since it's not a permanent thing (well, not anymore it isn't!)
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't have to put weight on our licence in Nova Scotia. :wink:
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing bex22!! Im in the Uk, and they certainly don't ask for your weight here!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've never lied on mine... It just never made any difference in my head I guess! I don't know! I would always just put down my weight and be like: "Yay. 185 pounds. I just love that feeling." But it never crossed my mind to lie about it. haha... you guys are hysterical! :)
  • themissbgirl
    Options
    yes! I was just thinking about this the other day. I definitely lied about my weight on there! and I definitely fudged my weight more than 50 lbs. I actually had to show my drivers license the other day and I was waiting to see the lady smirk when she skimmed over weight, because I know people look just because they are curious! the lady looked at it and said "this doesn't even look like you-you look different, you lost weight or something...good for you!" made me feel good!
  • bex22mcn
    Options
    Wow! I'm from the UK and we don't have to do that here. The only things they want to know about are physical disabilities etc...that would affect our capability to drive! You really do learn something new everyday!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at my driver's license weight.....it says I weigh 150 and I weigh 156. I can't wait to go and change it to 135 someday soon!!!
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    I rounded mine down to the nearest 5 pounds. Fudging by more than 15 or 20 pounds would probably be hard to get away with, depending on how you carry your weight. But I don't think there's anything wrong with fudging it a little. A lot of people's weights are constantly going up and down anyway, sometimes by a lot if they're trying to diet, so even if you put your actual weight at the time it probably won't be accurate for long.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

I'm in Colorado...and I know it seems crazy to ask for weight, especially since it's not a permanent thing (well, not anymore it isn't!)

they ask for hair color too lol im like my natural or the one i pretend to be?
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    you don't have to put your weight on your license in PA or NJ! But I had to go get my fingerprints taken for student teaching and when I registered on-line you needed to put your weight so I lied a little lol and the weight shows up on the screen when you actually go get the fingerprints and the man saw it lol So awkward...
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! OOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEESSSSS!!!! I actually pride myself on being a very honest person, but fudging your weight on your liscense doesn't count, does it?!?! :ohwell: I think they do it so they have a good description if you're ever a fugitive. hahaha "we're on the look out for a blonde woman, 36 years old and medium build." pfffffffffffff I guess they'll never find me if I break the law!!!!! LOL:devil:
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    I have by about 20 lbs because I feel its none of their business what I weigh..always makes me sooo angry that they have to know that!:grumble:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! OOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEESSSSS!!!! I actually pride myself on being a very honest person, but fudging your weight on your liscense doesn't count, does it?!?! :ohwell: I think they do it so they have a good description if you're ever a fugitive. hahaha "we're on the look out for a blonde woman, 36 years old and medium build." pfffffffffffff I guess they'll never find me if I break the law!!!!! LOL:devil:

heh heh heh
  • trisha329
    Options
    you don't have to put your weight on your license in PA or NJ! But I had to go get my fingerprints taken for student teaching and when I registered on-line you needed to put your weight so I lied a little lol and the weight shows up on the screen when you actually go get the fingerprints and the man saw it lol So awkward...

They've obviously changed the rules in Jersey since I got my driver's license! I remember the day I got my license, when I was 17. They asked for my weight and I had no idea, so I guessed 125. I went home and got on the scale. Bingo! I was right on the nose!