Elliptical calorie burn accuracy

Options
Does anyone know anything about the accuracy. It said I burned 700 cals in 50 minutes on the interval. I am 200 lbs.

Replies

• beasleyskinner
    Options
    this is close---I am around 200 and use the CYBEX Elliptical...its around 650-700 after 45 minutes..
  • kjc7
    kjc7 Posts: 14
    Options
    I wonder the same thing about those machines. I have 2 different HRM that are mostly consistent (within 5% of each other). A Garmin and a Polar if you are interested. They tend to be more accurate than the machines. I don't do the elliptical machines but on a stair master I burn about 400 in 30 minutes according to the machine (I weigh 180). So 700 in 50 doesn't sound that far fetched. My HRMs say I burn a little more than the machine says, that is why I mentioned them.
  • MightyMom4
    Options
    I think it varies...depending on how fast your going...ect. Mine says I only burn 180 for 30min. on the interval and I run the whole time. (174lbs) That is why I am looking at getting a HRM.
  • outersoul
    Options
    That sounds close, depending on intensity. I found that the eliptical I use at the gym is off (+30-50) compared to my HRM.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This has been very helpful!!!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i weigh 120 and can do 400 calories in 45 minutes so I think you can do 700 in 50. I would think it would be quite vigorous but definitely possible.