I really messed up

Options
OMG, after 3 weeks of "clean" eating, low carb and low fat, I fell today. I ate hot wings, french fries, drank a coke (i havent had pop in a month) and ate 2 cookies. WTF was I thinking, I feel so bad now, like all my hard work is going down the drain :(. Just had to vent.

Replies

• amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is not down the drain! Start fresh from right now! You have done awesome so far, don't fall off the wagon becasue you have had one slip up. Sometimes our body needs that little slip up to rejuvinate itself!
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It will be ok......Dont beat yourself up cuz it wont help ya any. Just get back on track and everything else will work itself out. I have learned the hard way not to let everything get to me so that i can accomplish the personal goals i have set for myself......... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • jillinthbox
    jillinthbox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do not feel bad!!! I think food guilt is a normal yet difficult thing to deal with..

Check out this article:

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20436972,00.html
  • loveshannonmarie
    loveshannonmarie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Its ok you should allow yourself "cheat" days.. don't get discouraged you are still on track and doing great! think of it as you just had a little reward now get back to it!
  • rmmattox34
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up....we all have our days. Mine are most weekends. If I am not at work, I am eating.
  • AdamA
    AdamA Posts: 15
    Options
    You know the old saying "*kitten* happens"? Don't dwell on it. Get back on the bike and man.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    It didn't all go down the drain from one bad meal... Go get in some exercise to burn some of it away, and it will just be a "blip" on the radar. Don't let it discourage you, and don't give up. No one can be perfect 100% of the time. You need to re-focus and move forward toward your goal.

Good luck!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    All your hard work isn't down the drain, it is a slip up... they happen!
    Just get back on the wagon and continue on the " clean" path!
    Don't beat yourself up, just move on!!!
    It is a journey!!! Enjoy yours!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    unless you consumed an additional 3500 calories above your daily allowance you are fine...3500 cals=1lb....work your butt off to make it right: get in a workout, drink a TON of water and get back to clean eating....this "slip up" will be a distant memory very soon....it's life....deal with it and move on or you will fail with this journey...you can do this and you will do this cause you want to or your wouldnt have confessed......MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Agreed - no need to beat yourself up about it. I still have cheat days from time-to-time... Usually every couple weeks. It won't throw you off track. It's good to keep the body system on its toes. Drink lots of water and tomorrow is a new day!!
  • SandySandy5
    Options
    I dont think you messed up, consider it a treat for all the hard work you have done so far :wink:
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You need to allow your body one cheat meal at least once a week. The reason this is is because it keeps your motabolism guessing. If you are dieting and dieting and dieting and your never putting anything else in your body then your motabolism kind of pleateus out. 1 cheat meal is def okay. all of you hard work is most DEF not down the drain. Just get back to eating healthy and clean and then allow yourself a cheat day once a week. you could probably do hot wings just dont do the fries. or vise versa. keep your motabolism guessing. Dont beat yourself up. I allow myself 1 cheat meal a week and it has worked out perfectly for me. its also in alot of the nutrition guidebooks. Best of luck to you and chin up :o)
  • kdobyanski
    Options
    You have done GREAT! Just get back on track. It is in the past! I hope I do half as well as you :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    So, you fell off the wagon? Just get up and hop right back on! Try to let yourself feel guilty enough to try not to do it again, but don't let the guilt make you quit. You CAN do it! You CAN eat healthier for the long term! Like someone else said, A blip on the radar. Move on.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Listen to all of the above! Today is a new day, just get back on track and don't let one day derail all of your hard work!

All will be well, you can do it!
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said...

I'd be more worried about the raging stomach ache I'd be having if I were you ;)
  • emperorsdream
    emperorsdream Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's not down the drain at all. I am doing clean eating too, and the best way to recover is drink LOTS of filtered (non municipal) water and get back on track as soon as possible. Your body will bounce back in a day or so, because you have been building resilience with clean eating. It's GREAT that your conscious about it! Good luck!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Don't worry!!! You need some time off the diet once in a while or you can stay on it for the long run!!! Treat yourself once in a while and don't beat yourself up!

PS I find if I plan my 'treat' days they don't get so outta control! :wink:
  • rdonald711
    rdonald711 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I needed that, oh and just a side note...it wasn't that good, I wish I had messed up with a better meal :), or big piece of chocolate cake. Headed to the gym early since I'm off today!!!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Failure isn't falling down. Failure is staying down!
    thats the nice thing about tomorrows: fresh day = fresh start!