Hi, im new and would love some diet buddies!

Options
My name is Michelle and I am new to the site. I would love some diet buddies to help me through this process. I am 35 years old, married and have 3 wonderful boys, age 10, 8 and 7 months, I didn't have a weight problem until after my 2nd child when I found out I had thyroid disease. Since then I have been struggling with my weight and especially now since I just had another child 7 months ago.I was introduced to this site by my doctor and I am hoping this will help. :smile:

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site will help you a great deal, lots of people here to support you! Good luck:smile:
  • lilbylil
    lilbylil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi michelle - welcome to the site. this is a great place to set and get support to reach your goals. will be here if you need any support.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been here 10 days now, and I'm loving it! I hope you find a lot of information and support here! Feel free to add me.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. They say that inspiration, motivation, and accountability are the 3 most powerful things in this journey. I have found this to be very true in my life. And this is a great place to find all of that. I wish you the best in your endeavor. Have a great week!
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Good luck and stay motivated!! :flowerforyou:
  • twinzmom09
    Options
    Hello, my name is Dawn, I have an under active thyriod. It is hard to maintain weight lose too! I joined to have help and support.
    I am on meds but if they aren't regulated i gain weight... I would love to be a diet buddy to ya if you want to add me... :smile:
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle! Welcome!! Sending you a friend request!
  • soleste
    Options
    Hi Michelle,
    I'm pretty new here myself and have already found this sight to be helpful and supportive. Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Michelle-
    My name is Megan and I'm new here as well. I am looking for some motivation and to lend some support as well. I have one little boy. He is 8 months and I'm trying to lose those baby pounds that i found lots of excuses to keep on. Please feel to add me if you would like.
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    hi - we are in a very similar sitaution! Having babies and then small people it hard on the waist line and on any plans to reign it in! I have just decided to get this under control - did it after my first and can do it again, but am really hoping for some buddy contact to keep me motivated, on track and excited. I would love to partner up with you!
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's definitely been a great help to me so far!
  • chrissydement
    Options
    I am new here too, and my story sounds the same as most of you. I would love some friends to help along the way, so feel free to add me too. I am 37 with 4 boys (two of my own/two step sons). I had my first son at 21 and last one at 35. It hasn't been as easy this time losing the weight! I have 20 pounds left and they seem like the hardest. Best of luck to everyone and hope to hear more from you!
  • jonjon143
    Options
    Are you looking for a local (real life) diet partner? Check out WannaBuddy.com. The site is dedicated to connecting locals who share a passion for healthy lifestyles. With a database of over 8,000 weight loss centers, 6,000 gyms, thousands of parks and trails, and over 100,000 upcoming events (all searchable by zip code) there is a lot to enjoy. You can find a buddy at WannaBuddy.com, I did!