And Another "Diet" Begins

Options
Intros first - my name is Charity, I'm 327 lbs right now, I'm 35 years old, and I need to drop this weight. I've been overweight since I was in 2nd grade - my dad used to bribe me to lose weight - literally $5 for each pound I lost. It didn't work very well, but I've been struggling with losing weight ever since.

I used to do Slim-Fast, and it worked great, but was way too expensive to buy the shakes so I stopped. Then I did e-Diets, which worked great, but again, got too expensive for me to continue with. Now I've found MFP and I'm hoping I can finally get rid of the weight I'm carrying around. It won't be easy but I know I can do it!

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You will absolutely it love it here! I started at nearly the same size as you (305). Trust me, once you get into it, you will be hooked! Everyone here is GREAT! This is a journey, a lifelong journey!
  • bcgirl55
    bcgirl55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    this is a great site Charity. It's really easy to log everything. I used to do weightwatchers and this site is better in some aspects.
    So dive in - I'm sure it will help. And there is a lot of support to be had if you need it too!!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Lets lose the word "Diet" all together. Lets just call it a new "lifestyle"

lets face it, diets don't work, however....a new lifestyle will! Track your calories, drink your water, excersize, eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. PUT YOUR NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE AND DO WORK!

Welcome :)
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Let me know if you need any friends! You will LOVE it here!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
    Lets lose the word "Diet" all together. Lets just call it a new "lifestyle"

lets face it, diets don't work, however....a new lifestyle will! Track your calories, drink your water, excersize, eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. PUT YOUR NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE AND DO WORK!

Welcome :)
  • Robyn1733
    Options
    YOu can do this. I wish I had found this site when I first started my weightloss journey. When I started I was 303lbs. Diet and exercise was all I had. This site makes it so much easier to track calories and my exercise.

Here recently I just started using AdvoCare products to get me down the last 60 pounds. Hopeing to have 40 of those gone before my birthday in September.
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi Charity! Welcome!

The thing I like most about this site is that there is no gimmicks. And it's FREE!

I've been on here appx. 125 days.. and I have had great results. It's all about accountability, honesty, and determination! You can totally do this!

The thing is, do it for yourself! Not your dad or anyone else.. although $5 bucks a pound.... ;-)

Feel free to add me as a friend :-)

Amy
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is the best thing ever! You will learn, laugh, motivate and inspire! Good luck in your journey! And CONGRATULATIONS on taking the first step to a new lifestyle!

Feel free to add me! We can inspire each other!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I find this site to be super helpful and the people on here are so great at support, make sure you add a lot of friends!
  • suszieq55
    suszieq55 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site is really a great place. There is lots of support and motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • GatorLvr13
    Options
    I am new here but understand how you feel. I have been overweight since I was a child. I am now on BP meds and pre diabetic and the big shocker is my 11 year old son is now a pre diabetic. I am not only doing this for me but my whole family. I know it is not easy but I am determined to get my family healthy! Good luck and add me as a friend!!