13»

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Here's the Nutrition Info on it:

Nutrition facts:

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat < 0.01 g
    Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A < 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chocolate PB2
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 10

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1 g 1.5%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat <0.01 g
    Cholesterol <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 70 mg 3%
    Total carbohydrate 6 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 4 g
    Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 2%

For comparison, here's 100% natural peanut butter

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-compliments-peanut-butter-100-percent-i91703

Calories = 100 tbsp

This pb2 sounds very intriguing!
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    JUST BOUGHT SOME TONIGHT AND TRIED IT AND IT IS CHANGING MY LIFE!!!!! SOOOOOO GOOD! I had it on a whole wheat bagel thin with bananas. I had 4 tbsp too and totally felt like i was pigging out but its only 90 calories- amazing!!!!!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, but I just found Smuckers natural PB and I think I will stick to that.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I got some pb2 after finding this thread and I was hooked at the first taste! I have eaten it every day since!!!
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am so getting this today. I was planning on the Better N Butter but this has over twice the protein in 2 tbs. Thanks!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have tried the PB-2 and personally do NOT care for it. It's really expensive and most of the jar was given to my dog in his Kong. It just didn't do it for me. Trust me...i really wanted it to. Bell Plantation made a great effort to try to duplicate the taste of real peanut butter...but for me...Not even close.

For now, I will stick with eating the good stuff in moderation.

Hopefully other's will enjoy it!!
  • Trafty024
    Trafty024 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Would love to try this but shipping is $10! Makes one order $25! And doesn't look like there are any stores in my area that sell it. If anyone finds a cheaper way to get it online let me know!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, PB2- I use this stuff EVERY SINGLE DAY! I'm in Canada so I order it in, but wow this stuff is awesome. My last order came up to almost $80 (incl. shipping), because I go through it so fast- with breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes.

But hey, you couldn't do all the stuff I do with PB2 with regular PB (without added guilt, and extra pounds, that is)

Love it :-)
  • katerinab
    Options
    What kind of shelf life does this stuff have? I've gotta figure it keeps for awhile since the oil is gone.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Wonderful suggestion. I'm going to try it. I'm in Arizona and found four stores (fitness nutrition stores) that carry it. They said that it's so popular that, even though they get a ton in, it's typically sold out in a day or so. That makes me think I'd like to try it! Checked Texas stores and it's ALL OVER! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for the tip!!

The guy at the nutrition stores said that it's great in chocolate "peanut butter" protein shakes and stirred into oatmeal. Yum! There are tons of recipes at the company's website as well. Love learning of new products!!!

Okay. Update time.

I found some and bought both the regular and the chocolate. And I really like it. It satisfies the peanut butter urge without the calories. Love it!!

That said, I'll still stock Skippy Natural (one of the few without hydrogenated (partially or fully) fats in it ... sure wish Jiff would change!!!) for those times I want the fatty, melt-y variety. But on a PBJ sandwich, it's perfect. And in chocolate peanut butter protein shakes, it's awesome ... and in oatmeal too. My husband actually prefers it to "regular" peanut butter.

It does have sugar, but not a ton and certainly that's no different than regular peanut butter (other than a few natural no sugar added choices). I get plenty of healthy fats through olive oil, salmon, and avocados so I rarely NEED to get the extra fat calories from peanut butter, but on days that I'm low on healthy fats and calories, I'd probably opt for the Skippy Natural.

But for the majority of days where this isn't the case, its a wonderful option. thanks for starting the thread. I love learning about new, healthier options! Thanks!!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Have any Canadians found this in stores? I checked the website and they change you as much as the Peanut butter to ship it (another $15.00).
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Have any Canadians found this in stores? I checked the website and they change you as much as the Peanut butter to ship it (another $15.00).

Dang, that's high! It's good, but not THAT good. Write to the company (via their website) and ask them to ship into your area. And if you haven't already done so, go to the website and use the "find a store" tab to see if it's sold anywhere near you.
  • barbsus1991
    barbsus1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    they don't do this in the uk =[ grrrr!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Dang, that's high! It's good, but not THAT good. Write to the company (via their website) and ask them to ship into your area. And if you haven't already done so, go to the website and use the "find a store" tab to see if it's sold anywhere near you.

Thanks for the suggestions. The "find a store" tab only finds stores in the U.S. I'm going to Niagara Falls in a couple weeks, maybe they sell it in Niagara NY
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    There's also "better n peanut butter"
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I love this stuff. I like to put it my protien shakes because a little goes a long way. I've also been making pb and j sandwhiches with it for school. It saves so many calories!
  • lilbylil
    lilbylil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sounds like something worth trying. thanks for the recommendation! just read your profile and i'm really encouraged by you since i've got about 40 lbs to lose. hope you don't mind if i follow your progress. i'm new, just starting, and need that push to see someone who thought it might be impossible at the beginning who has done so well. congrats! ~lil
  • lillylilly112
    Options
    http://www26.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html

the shipping is only 4.95, no matter how big the order.