If you have little kids....

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Which cartoons or tv shows do they watch that annoy the crap out of you? My daughter LOVES Sid the science kid and I can't stand him or that annoying grandma who has the weirdest laugh! I also hate Calliou. Whiney little bald ***** makes my skin crawl. And Curious George is such a bad monkey! Who in their right mind would ever own one??? Right now she's watching Martha speaks and I can honestly say I like that one! Can't wait til it's warm and we can go play outside!:love::bigsmile: :laugh:

Replies

• NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Barney is an evil spawn of Satan and is banned in this house :devil:
  • ktndj82104
    Options
    I hate Ki Lan, someone on that show is always throwing a tantrum and my kids copy it. I know that kids will do that anyway but it makes it worse. I really like Deigo and Dora because my kids learn cool stuff.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I hate the entire Disney channel..and my daughter loves it. *Except Handy Manny- his voice is nice when you're having your coffee thank you*.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I hate Ki Lan, someone on that show is always throwing a tantrum and my kids copy it. I know that kids will do that anyway but it makes it worse. I really like Deigo and Dora because my kids learn cool stuff.

Yeah my 2 year old picked up "I'm mad!!" from that show.

We like Chuggington and the Wonder Pets here.

She likes Max and Ruby but Ruby is a brat.
  • AmandaR910
    Options

Yeah my 2 year old picked up "I'm mad!!" from that show.

We like Chuggington and the Wonder Pets here.

She likes Max and Ruby but Ruby is a brat.
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Haha! My husband can't stand Calliou either. Sid does no bother me as much as Special Agent OSO.
  • chickybabe05
    Options
    Oh my gosh...don't even get me started!!!! Pretty much all of the shows my 3 yr DD likes to watch are filled with the most irritating music or stupid noises!! either that or she has watched them 20 times over already and they are replayed the next day!?!
    im sure most childrens television shows are just made to annoy parents!! lol but as much as they are irritating it does keep her entertained so i can do my mundane chores lol
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I hate teletubbies & in the night garden. So ridiculous. There's no educational value to a show whose characters ONLY know how to say their own name repeatedly.

I like the show 4 squares on Treehouse, BUT I can't stand one of the girls who reads the poems to the kids (Helen). She is the cheesiest looking woman I've ever laid eyes on. She literally makes my skin crawl. She's TOO phoney. I'm pretty sure my kids even think she's semi-retarded. Her facial expressions are SO over the top it's incredible the camera man isn't shaking from laughter. UGH!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    double post.

I also despise Barney. WHY LORD WHY.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Poke'mon drives my husband crazy. That Catchem guy's voice is annoying!
  • Firewhirrrl
    Options
    For little ones Baby Einstein is supposed to be good.
    My kids are a wee bit older now.7 and 4.
    I love movies:
    Sound of music, Mary poplins, Peter pan.

But for shows, it's Sid the science kid and most MOST especially the MAGIC SCHOOL BUS.
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    ugh i totally can empathize my son LOVES handy manny, harry and his bucket full of dinosaurs, mickey mouse, bear in the big blue house, and disney cars (i know thats not a tv show) but i HATE barney, four square, the big comfy couch, and in the night garden i despise those sooo much that we actually subscribed to the disney channel and pay the 6 dollars a month just for it!
  • tiffanykeaton
    tiffanykeaton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Spongebob is banned in this house! Idk if any of you have ever sat down and really watched it, but he's very rude and inappropriate! One episode recently had spongebob in a lying contest...no moral at the end or anything. Spent the whole episode lying to everyone..not to mention a "panty-raid" in another episode!
    We encourage Dora for the learning..however, my 2.5 yr old is also into icarly and max & ruby!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little bit older but I hate Bakugan...it's just weird.

When he was smaller we hated Max and Ruby, Wonder Pets (that song will stick in your head for days) and Calliou.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ohhh and Yo Gabba Gabba is just stupid
  • chickybabe05
    Options

yip that one drives me mad!!and umi zoomi.... there are so many now i can't keep up...but i tend to agree with most here dora and deigo are good education but the music still annoys me lol
  • jimrogers
    jimrogers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, Calliou should be shot.

But I have to stand up for Barney.... annoyingly catchy songs, and some educational value... I think? Come on, some one help me here! :embarassed:

My son is 7 now so I miss those early days. He's outgrown all those shows so maybe I'm just nostalgic?

Now I hate Courage The Cowardly Dog!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have a rule that if someone on a show exhibits bad behavior and the kids copy it, we're not allowed to watch that show anymore. Ever since the "bad egg" incident from Max & Ruby, when C would yell "BAD EGG!" just like Max every time I tried to give her a new food, and I took the show away for like a year, we don't copy bad television behavior. It's good. :laugh:

I hate Yo Gabba Gabba. Thankfully the kids hate it too. I hate Olivia as well -- no redeeming value whatsoever. The show doesn't teach anything, and the title character is a pushy brat. But, thanks to the rule, they don't try to act like her, so I let them watch it once in a while. But oh, it makes me crazy. And oddly, I don't like VeggieTales. I know they're good for kids, and I don't object to anything in them, I just find them annoying.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE Barney, but he's not that bad anymore. I do enjoy watching Sesame Street. Bert cracks me up when Ernie pisses him off! Oh, and I forgot about that stupid goodnight show that's on at 6pm on sprout. That woman in pj's sits on a couch with a giant annoying star. Ugh. I want to slap that smile off her face!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    my 3 year old loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and wow wow wubbzy

i was just saying something to my husband the other day about how kids shows suck now.everything has such a vomit inducing message in it now.Like be nice to everyone and they will be nice to you.
    I miss the days of dropping an anvil on someones head.I mean really kids are not and better from the goody goody messages being plastered across the tv 24/7

That being said I CAN NOT STAND YO GABA GABA! Really dont want to tell you waht Bupa and Muno look like to me.
    Doras ok I couldnt stop laughing in the episode where she was looking for the gooy geyser.But I have the sense of humor of a 15 year old boy lol