Peanut Flour!

Options
Oh my! I just tried peanut flour in a protein shake for the first time - it was incredible! It is just plain peanut flour (From Trader Joe's - I had a friend in the US send it up to me in Canada as they don't seem to sell it anywhere here) - no added ingredients, just peanuts, with the majority of the fat pressed out of them.

Here is what I used in my shake:

1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/3 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup raw spinach
1/8 cup Peanut Flour
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder

This was amazing - it honestly tasted like a liquid peanut butter cup - trust me, if you are hesitant about the spinach, just try it - other than the green colour, you will not know it is in there!

PS. If anyone has any recipes that use peanut flour, please share them here - I'm dying to try this in more stuff - I think I'm in love! :love:

Replies

• polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I just tried peanut flour in a protein shake for the first time - it was incredible! It is just plain peanut flour (From Trader Joe's - I had a friend in the US send it up to me in Canada as they don't seem to sell it anywhere here) - no added ingredients, just peanuts, with the majority of the fat pressed out of them.

Here is what I used in my shake:

1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1/3 cup frozen mixed berries
    1 cup raw spinach
    1/8 cup Peanut Flour
    1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder

This was amazing - it honestly tasted like a liquid peanut butter cup - trust me, if you are hesitant about the spinach, just try it - other than the green colour, you will not know it is in there!

PS. If anyone has any recipes that use peanut flour, please share them here - I'm dying to try this in more stuff - I think I'm in love! :love:

You better buy it up now, as Trader Joe's is discontinuing the product.

Here is the story...

http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/02/trader-joes-peanut-flour-discontinued.html
  • chrysnel
    Options
    There is another company that sells it - Byrd Mill - I'll probably be buying it from them in the future :)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I think we know it as " PB2". Google it
  • chrysnel
    Options

I looked at PB2, but it has sugar and a bunch of other ingredients in it, so I prefer just the plain peanut flour :)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing it at TJ's but haven't bought any yet. That sucks they are discontinuing it supposedly!!

I may have to go grab some up to try it!! Sounds good. This morning I used almond butter and cashews in my smoothie. It was tasty.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options

I looked at PB2, but it has sugar and a bunch of other ingredients in it, so I prefer just the plain peanut flour :)

the ingredient list is roasted peanuts, sugar (1 gram) and salt... not sure what you're looking at??
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there is much of an ingredient difference between pb2 and peanut flour. I've got some pb2. I have a feeling there is a processing difference at the very least. I will have to compare when I pick some flour up.
  • chrysnel
    Options

the ingredient list is roasted peanuts, sugar (1 gram) and salt... not sure what you're looking at??

Must have been something else I was thinking of with all the added ingredients. But I do try to avoid sugar, so I'll keep trying to find a local supplier of plain peanut flour :smile: