Hi there! Will need help, got a long way to go!

Options
hi everyone, I'm new today but I wish I could say I'm new to dieting! I've read the books, been to the classes but nothing has stuck - I just love food and don't get time to exercise! Enough is enough though as I'm a new mum to a gorgeous 4 month old and have to get fit and healthy for her as I want to be around to see my grandchildren one day. I would love some help and support and would hopefully be able to return it to others. I will be mainly following the diet on iPhone app so it would be great to hear from people also following it that way, but that's not as important as actual support.

Good luck to us all x

Replies

• Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    good luck to you too! have a good time on your journey and welcome aboard!
  • deedleedee
    Options
    You can DOOOO it!!! My advice is, even if you fall off the wagon, get yourself RIGHT back up and push through the next day. Welcome and congrats on taking care of yourself! :wink:
  • ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    I am also new today and I am hopeful that I stick with this :) My family is all on it so I have some extra support! =D Good Luck
  • jessicagerth
    Options
    My advice is to stick with the program as much as possible for a couple of months and then all of sudden one day you won't have the cravings, you will find much joy in eating healthy, and fried food will make you literally sick. At least that's how it has been for me! Good luck and think of your baby every time you think about falling off the wagon!
  • SeattleLady
    Options
    Welcome! Happy to meet you. I am fairly new and open to meeting new supportive friends. Anyone can friend me and I will support however I can! Good luck! PS: I love food too, and there is never enough time to work out. But the truth is... we gotta just do it. No one will do it for us. Only we can change our life.

Best of wishes

R
  • anne346
    anne346 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi
  • kellycat24
    kellycat24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the posts! Made me feel rearing to go for it! :-))))
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Sounds like we have a lot in common. Well at least in the sense that we both want to lose some pounds and need some support doing it. I also have a infant. Mine is 8 months and I'm still trying to lose some pounds I put on during the pregnancy. I just haven't made the time or had the motivation to carry through with it. I've been part of MFP for a month or so, but didn't start actually following through until last week. I'll request you as a friend.