Lookin for people with the same goals.

Options
I am 5'7 and currently weigh 172.6... goal is 160 or less...and I dont remember the last time I weighted anything under well...my current weight. So I am not sure what weight will be good for me, just as long as I feel good and healthy I think that is the most important.
For the past 10 years I have weight between 178 -197... my average weight has always been between 185-190.
I have been using this website now since Nov 2010, but really did not start working out hard until Jan 2011.
If people with the similar goals & weight want to share ideas, meals, workouts, whatever really I am up for that. There is not way I am givin up this time!!

Replies

• sweetdee88
    Options
    awesome! i'm 5'8 and my heaviest weight was 163, and i'm looking to lose about 20 pounds. i've lost about 6 so far. good luck and keep working hard!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    hey, you sound very similar to me.. I too started in Nov 2010 but never really gave a full effort till Jan 2011. I have always been in the 190's for the last 6 or more years and after my son was born I was stuck at 205lbs, Now I am 185, and working to get near 140!!
    Add me if you would like!! This site has great support and I know I can reach my goal!
    WELCOME!!!!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I'm 5'6, goal of 150ish (or lower will see) right now 167 lost 6 lbs so far down from 174.
  • jessicagerth
    Options
    I weighed about 170 for most of my post high school life until a couple of years ago. I weigh about 130 now. One thing that has helped me is substituting beef with turkey in tacos, pasta, chili, whatever. I also try to eat whole grains for everything - bread, pasta, buns, bagels, cereal - and I really enjoy it! I eat often and much smaller portions. It was hard at first but now I can't eat more than the small portion at each meal. And as far as the gym - I took lots of classes and tried everything from swimming to spin class and yoga and found what I truly enjoyed and now I am addicted. I found that I love yoga and pilates and weight training so I rotate those things and change up my cardio (10-15 minutes on a couple different machines each time I go) to keep things interesting and avoid getting bored and giving up. Good Luck!!!
  • lizzy1106
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 170 pounds, and looking to get down to around 150(ish). Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • nichola_watters
    Options
    I have a lot to lose I was 226 at my heaviest, I am 200 now and would like to lose another 50lb, anything above that is a bonus. I dont actually know what I weighed when I was skinny because it wasnt an issue or something that I tracked. I will not be in a bikini at the summer, not because I disbelieve in myself, but because I have the classic c-section tum and stretchmarks that resemble a road map, but they are both testament to my wonderful little girl. I just want to feel better for myself. I tried to diet before but I done it to feel attractive and for me that was worng, now I am on the right path and doing it to feel better in myself - physically, mentally, emotionally. Im ready now.
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and weigh my heaviest at 217. I hate it. I was at 189 (and on weight watchers) when I found out I was pregnant. Now I have 10 baby pounds to take off plus the extra ones I put on being lazy. I want to lose 40 pounds by fall when we have a family picture taken with my in-laws and all the kids. Then I want to lose another 20ish pounds. I've been a member on MFP since January, but I haven't started logging until last week. I would love to have share some motivation, tips and sucess. Feel free to add me if you would like.