Drinking away your calories!!

Options
Lately I have been taking a inside look at peoples food diaries and well it amazes me to see that either #1 EVERYBODY is on the only drinking water wagon or #2 that people who do drink things such as soda, coffees, juice, milk, beer etc. do not count those items into their diaries. Start adding in those drinks people because you will be AMAZED to see just how many calories you are drinking and how much added sugar you are adding to your daily diet! :wink:

Replies

• SkyeBows
    Options
    I only drink water :)
  • bryansmama
    Options
    I can't believe people would leave that out! I mostly drink water throughout the day, but when I occasionally have coffee or tea I always add it in. I hardly ever drink cokes.
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    I only drink water...which is still sort of new for me...I can't drink pop due to health reasons, can't drink milk cuz I am lactose intolerant, don't like coffee/tea...so other than really sugary juices that add pointless calories, that leaves water!! But I totally agree with you!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    coffee is in my diary every day at breakfast *S*
    the rest of the day i only drink water
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have had about 6 total pepsi's since August 2010.I have had a few sprites or root beers. Caffeine is addictive and I have an addictive personality so bad combination so try to stay away from it as much as possible. Water is my drink of choice now and I drink about 2-2 1/2 liters of water a day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    Well if you are on a 1200 - 1500 cal a day diet, there really isn't room for anything to drink that has calories. I only drink water and hot tea and maybe fat free milk now and then.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I only drink tea and water. I only count my water intake.
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    Thats why I only drink water....I don't need or want the extra calories other beverages add. Plus the diet sodas are soooo bad for you!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! People don't realize what's in their drinks nowadays! It's pretty bad!
  • DrinkwithSpoons
    Options
    I know that I don't generally pay attention to beverages, so I made a separate section in my food diaries for Drinks. Since then, I've been drinking a lot more water, that's for sure. :)
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    All I drink is water,coffee,protien shakes,almond milk and the occasional glass of wine.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i could not think to leave those things out! While i don't drink soda, but coffee (with milk) beer (I TRY to drink lower calorie beer, but ....), even my home made gatorade - it all adds up - I cannot imagine not logging them!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just curious...how do you know they are drinking sodas and not logging them...if they aren't logging them? :bigsmile:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I'm a water and decaf/unsweetened tea gal. If I "drink them"...it's usually a smoothie, non-fat skim latte, or wine. And I do account for them.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I report my Pepsi (man, how I love it!) though I am doing way better. I was drinking one a day, then stopped completely, felt deprived, now have about 3 a week. I have food allergies, so soda is my concession. No wheat, no dairy, no yeast. So I allow myself the Pepsi.
  • bryansmama
    Options
    Thats why I only drink water....I don't need or want the extra calories other beverages add. Plus the diet sodas are soooo bad for you!

Diet sodas taste horrible too! lol I'd rather drink water anyday!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I drink water and Iced tea during the day.. and I do add my water... but i don't add my iced teas.. idk y.. I guess I forget about them..
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I drink water and Iced tea during the day.. and I do add my water... but i don't add my iced teas.. idk y.. I guess I forget about them..

No need to add iced tea if it's unsweetened.
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I decided a long time ago that I'd rather chew my calories than drink them. I drink tea or coffee occasionally (no milk), and juice on occasion but more water than anything. I've never really been a soda drinker and I can't get over how much some people I know regularly drink!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Just curious...how do you know they are drinking sodas and not logging them...if they aren't logging them? :bigsmile:

I wondered the same thing.