Newbie :]

Options
Hey guys! My name is Toni and this is my second day on myfitnesspal.com! I'm really hoping this site will give me the little extra boost I need to stay on track with my diet!!
A little about me:
-I'm newly married (01.15.11) to my AMAZING husband who is in the Army ( currently stationed on the other side of the world :/ )
-I LOVE carbs, but they hate my life! So any suggestions on low carbing is highly appreciated!
-I'm a stress eater, and being a Social Worker by profession makes it VERY difficult to NOT stress eat!
-I have a pretty good attitude about life and am always wiling to lend a helping hand or a kind word!
-I have a very sarcastic sense of humor...I never mean to offend!
...I am hoping to drop close to 20 pounds before my husband and I report to our next duty station so wish me luck!!!
Best of luck to all of you! Stay strong :wink:

Replies

• Ahendon824
    Ahendon824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being a newly wed!! I am also an Army wife. Stay strong during this time. When my hubby was deployed over a year ago. I reached my goal and was the smallest, healthiest I have ever been. (3 months after he got back we decided it was time for another baby!) So now the battle of baby weight! Good luck to you! This is a wonderful site with lots of support! Something we need for many situations in our lives!!
  • Refisblind
    Refisblind Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your goals. There are plenty of people on here willing to help you stay motivated.
  • mookieg
    Options
    Thank you! And tell your husband I said Thank You to him as well :smile: I figure with my husband being a way, it is as good as time as any to focus on making me a better me!!! Good luck to you as well on your weight loss venture, and congrats on the new baby! I may be a new Army wife, but I've been involved in an Army relationship for quite sometime now, and I know women like us can handle anything (especially with a little support from our sisters)! If you ever need anything drop me a line! HOOAH!
  • mookieg
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • kerryhastwins
    Options
    TONIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ya sista!!!!!!

I am SO flippin happy youre on here!! And I started taking cinnamon supplements, they are supposed to help with the sweets, and carbs craving!!! Today was the 1st day i tried them, so when I get more time in i'll let ya know!!!!
  • mookieg
    Options
    Bahahahaha!!! Kerry, I love you girlie :] We can do this together FOR SURE!! We are strong *kitten* *****es :] And definitely let me know about those cinnamon pills!!
    Love love love ya!!
  • kerryhastwins
    Options
    us army wives gotta stick together, even though my title isnt "official" anymore since he was medically released and all... It's still in my heart!!! IU will for sure let you know!! Love ya!