2»

Replies

• AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You'll get plenty of support here:) and dont beat yourself up
  • caitycaits
    Options
    As I think someone's already mentioned, you've done the hardest part -- accepting something needs to happen. The rest of it will follow. You're far from alone here, you've got plenty of support from people here who are all on the same road -- to lead a healthier life. The next step is getting down a plan and sticking to it, we're all here to help you for that (: And be happy in yourself, the happier you are, the more likely you are to lose more weight. Good luck, I'm positive you'll be able to do it! (:
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    you are definitely not alone!
    well done for joining here and posting - that in itself takes courage and bravery,
    take it a day at a time and we are all here for you :)
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. Life sucks sometimes. I really believe that when you decide to make big changes is when life starts sending you curveballs. I like to see these curveballs as tests. I am 324 pounds. I have lost 19 pounds since January. My husband is a truck driver who likes me fat. He does everything in his power to sabotage me. At first I used to let this sidetrack me, But now, I try to find fun things to distract him from his sabotage. I know that life looks bleak right now, but think how awesome you will feel when you have gotten to a healthy weight. You can do this.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. The people here on MFP are some of the most supportive indiviuals I have encountered in my 39 years. It sounds like you have had a rough time of it but you are in a position to take control of your life and make some positive changes. It sounds like you are well on your way.
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If this break-up has made you look at your health, and the outcome will be a healthier you? Then I say WOOOOHOOOOO. Se la vi. Your beautiful and once you get to being healthy and feeling healthy, you'll soon see this is the greatest thing to happen to you. One door must close for another to open. All that being say, I'm sure the pain is a lot to take right now. Your in the right spot though... lots of good people here and before you know it you'll be seeing what everyone here already does.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be alone! We are all here for each other. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can support each other
  • yelms
    yelms Posts: 3
    Options
    Hang in there. On the plus side, you are off on a new adventure and have the ability to reinvent yourself!
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Seems to me you have a lot going for you! You have managed to get a fresh start, in a city where no one knows your past and a new job that will allow you to recreate your whole life. All you need to do is start looking at the glass as half full not half empty! You are a lovely young woman who can now recreate herself into anything she wants to be and you have a network of folks, right here with you to help you through any tough times!! Now... go dance around the house to your favorite music!! You will feel better about yourself and have burned some calories to boot!!
    Here if you need me! send a friend request if you want!!!
    Marylee
  • JudoJones
    Options
    Changing negative attitudes through positive actions. Set goals, lots of goals, little ones, big ones, and write them down. Don't worry about having all the answers now, just get started.

simple goals creates a pattern for bigger ones.
    - goal idea - drink 'x' number of glasses of water a day.
    - use the stairs at work
    - stretch during tv commercials.
    etc...

Good luck, we're all working through something.

scott
  • kalypso18
    kalypso18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

You are definetly not alone on this. I am also trying to lose about 50lbs and it can be a hard and lonely journey at times.
    You can friend me if you like, we can do it!!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Hugs to you! You aren't alone with everyone on the boards here. In addition, maybe look into joining some kind of fitness class or bootcamp so that you can meet some friends in your new city... Just a thought. Best of luck to you with the adjustments you have ahead of you! You appear to be a strong woman, so you'll power through this!
  • sleight119
    Options
    not alone we are all here with you
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Check under the Motivation and Support Forum to see if there's a group that fits your needs/lifestyle/age group. I joined one on Valentine's Day for a 30-day challenge, and already feel like I have 20 buddies who care and are motivating me to adopt healthy food and exercise habits.