I'll take my shirt off someday...

Options
I'm one of those guys who wears a shirt at the beach because I'm embarrassed of how I look.

But I'm ready to make a change.

My wife has been using MFP since August and has had great results. She also won't shut up about how I need to give it a try (in a loving way, of course). So, here I am!

Replies

• mandydanyele
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! I hope you can run around topless soon! ;)
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's great that you are losing weight to be healthier.....but if you want to take your shirt of now...who cares?
    I feel more comfortable being on the beach or at the pool when there are guys around who don't look "perfect" either.
    We're all human beings with flaws :-).......enjoy yourself!

But I'm all for getting healthier :-) So good luck!!
  • LunarDragoon
    LunarDragoon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cool! Good luck, Bro!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Welcome...to the first day of the rest of your life :drinker:
  • veglandia
    veglandia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I've been here for 35 days and have lost 7 lbs. It works great!
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    haha, I'll take my shirt off someday too!

Awesome site...love it.
  • IdleJack
    Options
    Welcome mate! And here's to achieving the beach bod we all want!

Good luck and keep pushing towards those goals!
  • patman1976
    Options
    Think like Arnold Schwarzenegger. When Arnold was young prior to his body building career, he used wear 'half-shirts' that body builders would wear. He had a gut and flabby arms that would hang out. He did it intentionally to feel self conscious and help motivate him to the gym.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP my hubby love!!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    aw! love the personality in your post. welcome and i'm sure you'll see the same success as your wife, especially with her as your support! just in time for summer and the beach!
  • GremlinJenny
    Options
    Welcome to MFP my hubby love!!
    heheh, good job motivating your loved one! the two of you are gonna have such great success - i just know it!
  • gussde
    gussde Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!!! That is one of the reasons why I am on here, It's on my profile!!! I have lost 41lbs so far. Mostly all gut now. Gotta keep pushing forward to get the next 40! Good luck and I'll add ya since I see the wifey is already my friend. :-)
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! BTW that's an awesome goal :)
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    when I get to where I need to be, the pants come off too
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I was you and it was only this past December that I was you. Shirt on at the beach, shirt on the pool or hottub, Not anymore, set your goals and achieve! This site is great and you will enjoy it!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    mannn iam huge i got no problem standing on the side of the road shirtless pinching my nipples and squinting. lol lifes too short to worry about others , feel good about you no matter what size you are . lose that weight for u man
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Best of Luck! I think it is awesome that you have a great loving support system from your wife already~ so cool that you can journey together! :smile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    when I get to where I need to be, the pants come off too

Giggity
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I get where your coming from & this site will help. However life is to short & I take my shirt off at the beach. I'm too old to worry about what other people think. I left that back in high school over 20 years ago.

Good luck & keep at it.