im not hungry but still want 2 eat all da time

Options
my problem is i just want 2 eat.. im not even hungry...how can i over come tht?? xx

Replies

• Belle_Fille
    Options
    find something else to do with your hands. go for a run. chew some gum.
    go brush your teeth (nothing tastes good after you brush your teeth)
  • kandraj
    Options
    Haha! I can relate to that. I think that maybe it is our nerves or our minds playing tricks on us. Because we are watching what we eat to lose weight and be healthy, maybe we inadvertently think about food and eating.

I read somewhere that often when you think you want something to eat, you might actually be thirsty. So, I try to drink water, squirt a little lemon in it when I have the munchies.
  • jon_dub
    jon_dub Posts: 166
    Options
    Drink water that can help you feel full. Brush your teeth works really well.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I definatly agree with the other guys here, drink water. (or something) Yesterday I was hungry all day. Finally I got fed up with eating so I thought of drinking something. After my first glass of water I wasnt thinking about eating anymore. I make homemade Iced tea and that helps too. (You just have to watch out for caffine cuz that spikes hunger also.) I also find that getting out of the house for a while helps. Maybe take a short walk. Just a few minutes, or a long one as part of your exercise. Getting your mind off of the need to eat will hopfully put it in check. Good Luck!
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can try any suggestion that people in here are telling you, but honestly it just takes time and determination. Drinking water helps when you are hungry, brushing teeth helps when you are hungry, but when you AREN'T hungry and you want to eat, it really comes down to having a food compulsion which you just have to learn to control.

I have had similar issues. Not to a great extent, but I have had them. I believe that I have food/eating dependency. In times of stress or sadness, I would eat. It makes my brain feel better, regardless of how my body actually feels. It is really a learned behavior, at least for me, encouraged by years of living with a Sicilian mom who used food to show love and create a feeling of comfort and home. Ultimately, I had to kill the process my instituting another, probably equally unhealthy process. I had to convince myself that food is the reason that I am unhappy and overweight, the bane of my existence. On the reverse side of the same problem is the issue of NOT eating when I AM hungry. It is about controlling the same demons, trying to get a grip on unhappiness, wherever it stems from. At this point in the game, I generally come up short on calories because I have kindof convinced myself that feeling hungry is a comfort.

Try to control the impulses that make you want to eat. As soon as you notice them, you need to stop them in your brain. I would suggest that you think about a task that you find challenging and you master it. As you master it, think about all the steps along the way that you needed to accomplish in order to master it. Once you are on your way to mastery of that task, think about how accomplished you felt and feel accomplishing it. After you do that, think about your weight loss goals and your eating goals. Think about how amazing you feel taking those steps and ultimately how amazing you will feel reaching your goal. Tie those emotions and feelings of accomplishment together. You should feel amazing, you are worth all of that effort and work and potential sacrifice. Once you have that and you understand how great it feels to accomplish, how amazing you will feel to be accomplished at achieving your weight goals, think about the things that will stand in your way. Uncontrolled or impulsive eating is the major obstacle. When impulses fire and tell you to eat, think about how amazing you will feel accomplishing your weight goals. Tie that feeling to the fact that your brains wants to eat and you are not complying. You should feel accomplished about that. Every time you are hungry and you don't eat and you control the urge and you feel amazing about your accomplishment, reward yourself with something. Eventually, you will feel happy and accomplished when hunger tried to steal your brain and you don't let it.
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can try any suggestion that people in here are telling you, but honestly it just takes time and determination. Drinking water helps when you are hungry, brushing teeth helps when you are hungry, but when you AREN'T hungry and you want to eat, it really comes down to having a food compulsion which you just have to learn to control.

I have had similar issues. Not to a great extent, but I have had them. I believe that I have food/eating dependency. In times of stress or sadness, I would eat. It makes my brain feel better, regardless of how my body actually feels. It is really a learned behavior, at least for me, encouraged by years of living with a Sicilian mom who used food to show love and create a feeling of comfort and home. Ultimately, I had to kill the process my instituting another, probably equally unhealthy process. I had to convince myself that food is the reason that I am unhappy and overweight, the bane of my existence. On the reverse side of the same problem is the issue of NOT eating when I AM hungry. It is about controlling the same demons, trying to get a grip on unhappiness, wherever it stems from. At this point in the game, I generally come up short on calories because I have kindof convinced myself that feeling hungry is a comfort.

Try to control the impulses that make you want to eat. As soon as you notice them, you need to stop them in your brain. I would suggest that you think about a task that you find challenging and you master it. As you master it, think about all the steps along the way that you needed to accomplish in order to master it. Once you are on your way to mastery of that task, think about how accomplished you felt and feel accomplishing it. After you do that, think about your weight loss goals and your eating goals. Think about how amazing you feel taking those steps and ultimately how amazing you will feel reaching your goal. Tie those emotions and feelings of accomplishment together. You should feel amazing, you are worth all of that effort and work and potential sacrifice. Once you have that and you understand how great it feels to accomplish, how amazing you will feel to be accomplished at achieving your weight goals, think about the things that will stand in your way. Uncontrolled or impulsive eating is the major obstacle. When impulses fire and tell you to eat, think about how amazing you will feel accomplishing your weight goals. Tie that feeling to the fact that your brains wants to eat and you are not complying. You should feel accomplished about that. Every time you are hungry and you don't eat and you control the urge and you feel amazing about your accomplishment, reward yourself with something. Eventually, you will feel happy and accomplished when hunger tried to steal your brain and you don't let it.

Good read, this pretty much sums it up...

Chewing gum helps me the most