17 day diet

Hi everyone,

I recently saw a (older) show of the Doctors where they talked about the 17 day diet. I read little about online, but really did not find much. Anyone out there tried it? Is it worth buying the book/trying out? Does calorie cycyling work or is it just another fad? Thank everyone!

Replies

• I have just ordered the book/excerise video the other day waiting for everything to come ! I am excited about trying it out ! I will have to let you know how it works !
  • I have it sitting right here in front of me. It's by Dr Mike Moreno. I have read half of the book. From what I gather it's kind of like the Dr Phil Plan. Whole grain, whole wheat, fruits, veggies, lean meat, etc. No white sugar, no white flour, no white rice, etc. I think it will be worth it for you if you really don't know much about making right decisions with 'healthy' food choices.
    He recommends low sugar fruits - 2 servings daily (apples, berries, grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prunes and red grapes).
    On the 17 day diet meals, every single meal he wants you to drink 1 cup of green tea. So 3 cups daily. Why? He say's it's an added fat-loss benefit. There are certain natural chemicals called catechins in green tea increase fat-burning and stimulate thermogenesis, the calorie burning process that occurs as a result of digesting and metabolizing food.
    Here is an example of the first day on your first 17 days.
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled egg whites, 1/2 grapefruit and 1 cup of green tea.
    Lunch: Large green salad topped with tuna, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive or flaxseed oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 cup of tea.
    Dinner: Plenty of grilled chicken with liberal amounts of any vegetables from the list, steamed or raw (brocolli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, artichoke or aritchoke hearts.

There are 3 cycles:
    Cycle 1: Accelerate (17 day's): To promote rapid weight loss by improving digestive health. It helps clear sugar from the blood to boost fat-burning and discourage fat storage.
    Cycle 2: Activate (17 day's): To reset your metabolism through a strategy that involves increasing and descreasing your caloric consumption to stimulate fat-burning and to help prevent plateaus.
    Cycle 3: Achive (17 day's): To develop good eating habits through the re-introduction of additional foods and move you closer to your goal weight.

Good luck. I think it's worth it.
    ~Jodi

1777610.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    I've been on it since Jan3,2011 and have lost a total of 23.4lbs since.. I LOVE IT!! It really works for me, and is soooo simple...I've never stuck to a plan this long, and I have learned so much about food and my body, I will definately reach my goal weight and maintain it this time!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Thanks everyone for the replys! I think I will go out see about getting this book!