30 Day Shred Questions

Options
Helloooo So yesterday i picked up a copy of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and i've got a few questions.

Am I doing one level for the full 30 days and then going up a level after that and then again after 60 days? Or am i doing like a week of level 1 then week of level 2 and so on...? How do YOU do the 30 day shred for maximum results?

I don't know if only 20 min a day is enough for me i might have to double or triple the amount i do each level per day. I picked up 5lb weights instead of 3lb.

What are your thoughts!!?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 10 days of each level to equal out to 30 days. But, you can do it however you chose.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I did the same...about 2 weeks on each level.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The program is supposed to be move up every ten days but I'm sure you could go at your own pace. It wont have as big of an impact though.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's set up that you move up as you progress. I had a heck of a time gettng through the first couple of days, but on day 5, I didn't have to stop once so I'm hoping that i might jump up to level 2 by the end of this week (which would only be 8 days or so). I might need longer on level 2 so that could balance it out. I've also heard of people alternating the levels so they keep it fresh.

The weights might be a little heavy if you're not used to working out. If you are, then more power to you! I just don't want you to feel discouraged if you're unable to complete the exercises with such heavy weights. I think the women in the video are only using 2-3 lb weights!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I didn't think 20 minutes was enough either, especially after doing about 1 month of P90X. But boy was I wrong...Jillian kicked my butt!! After 20 minutes, I am barely able to walk to the shower. :)
  • Sarah101010
    Options
    Same here. I am in the middle of level 2 and doing 10 days of each. I also do the treadmill because I agree that 20 minutes isn't enough. Good luck and have fun! You know Jillian doesn't mess around! :)
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im doing 30 days of each level! I want to make sure Im doing the exercises correctly and I really want to focus! I plan on doing all three levels within a 30 day period after 90 days! Good Luck! Day1 of level 2 was yesterday and she kicked my butt! LOL!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Yea i'm used to working out and lifting heavier weights so when i was at walmart i was like "i can do 5lb!!" hahaha I couldn't finish one of the sets that involved weights (i dropped the weights but still went through the motions). I am going to try and push through with the 5 pounders... no pain no gain right....??? heh :grumble:

I will try the 1 week-ish for each level and see how i do.

What was everyones results after 30 days? (if you dont mind sharing)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It is a good supplemental workout esp if you are attached at the hip to cardio machines like most women and often neglect strength training.

Burning 150 calories for the full 26 minutes isn't enough for me to get ripped on.

I wish the music didn't suck but you get what you pay for $10 or in my case a burned copy from my sister.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You should probably pick up some 3lb or 2lb weights also. I found that some of the weight involved exercises are too easy for the 2-3lb weights and some are rough using the 2-3 lb weights.. So I switch it up. After the first few rounds you will know which ones to use when.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    My husband and I did Level 1 for about 10 days. I do Level 2 now in the morning by myself and then still do Level 1 with him in the evening after work. He hasn't been working out as long as me so he's still building endurance. He wants to do Level 2 every other day now but I will still continue to do it also in the a.m.

You do it how you see fit and what you are comfortable with. I definitely suggest doing one level in the am and one in the pm if you want to get more out of it :)
  • VictoriaMilanowski
    Options
    I've been doing the shred and after ten days I moved up to level two. Not because I felt ready, but because I wanted to give those muscle groups a break. I've been alternating days on level one and two since. I'm not sure if I will make it to level 3 in 30 days or not, but I really like alternating them. Do what works for you as long as you are pushing it and busting fanny the entire workout you will see results. IMO.... :bigsmile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    the 5 lb weights, if you don't work out a lot with them already, will probably be way too heavy for you. I have 3 lb weihts and my arms already look leaner after 4 days of the shred. Do your best, but don't be a hero and hurt yourself. Put them down if you need to and do the motions.

you are supposed to do ten days of each level. google it!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You should probably pick up some 3lb or 2lb weights also. I found that some of the weight involved exercises are too easy for the 2-3lb weights and some are rough using the 2-3 lb weights.. So I switch it up. After the first few rounds you will know which ones to use when.

Yea i will probably get some 3lb weights cos i didn't think of the higher levels when i purchased the 5 pounders haha.
    Good idea!!!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I find after my 20 minutes that I'm so amped and ready to go that I do a 20 minute Zumba session on my Wii. I don't know if that'll happen when I move up to level 2, but I'm enjoying burning 400 calories in around 45 minutes before my day even gets started!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I find after my 20 minutes that I'm so amped and ready to go that I do a 20 minute Zumba session on my Wii. I don't know if that'll happen when I move up to level 2, but I'm enjoying burning 400 calories in around 45 minutes before my day even gets started!

LMAO when I reach the end of my 20 minutes I'm just grateful to collapse for 5 minutes before getting ready and cycling to work!!! :) Knackered probably describes it quite well :)

Can you let me know what Wii Zumba "game" you have? Ta x
  • courtneykrueger
    Options
    i use 5 pounders and I will be the first to admit that it is rough! But, I USUALLY get through it... stopping occasionally to rest (ya know 5 sec or I think Jillian would jump through the tv at me!) I have not been able to do it every day religiously because of the strain on my muscles... but I typically do 2 workouts every day... so I figure it is okay to skip a day of shred here and there!
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started with the 5lb weights. It was rough but Im not sure any smaller would push me like I want. I have a question though...what do you put it under for your exercise?
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I just started with the 5lb weights. It was rough but Im not sure any smaller would push me like I want. I have a question though...what do you put it under for your exercise?

I was told to put it under Aerobics (high impact) Its approx 200 something calories burned in the 20 minutes. :)
  • tilee
    tilee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I just completed day 1.. so hard but i fought through it!!!