Wii Fit Weekly Challenge

Options

Replies

• mrksjia
    mrksjia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Apologies for the slight lateness of posting this week's challenge. Thanks for sticking around and WELCOME to everyone who is new -- it's NEVER too late to join in here. Anyone is welcome to join at any time, so hop aboard if you're up for it!

So, in order to get us all MOVING for the week, here is our second Wii Fit Weekly Challenge:

+=+=+=+=+ ONE HOUR or MORE of Wii Fit BALANCE activities +=+=+=+=+

Feel free to incorporate this into your regular workout routine in any way that suits you -- all in one go, a few minutes a day, anything goes! Also, it's up to YOU as far as whether you'd like to make this ONE HOUR each day or ONE HOUR for the entire week, whatever suits you and keeps you motivated.

Stop back here and let us know how/when you complete this week's challenge, and encourage others to complete it as well!

Have a GREAT Wii week, everyone! :)

I'm in! I saw your 4000 kcal goal. Don't think I can do that (can I buy time somewhere?), but 2500 kcal must be possible.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i'm in i have only done two sets at a time so far.
  • chefsusan
    chefsusan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am in. I just finished 40 minutes of Wii fit workout. 20 minutes on the wii fit free step. This is my second week on MFP. Lost 2 pounds last week. Looking forward to more.

Susan
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Eh, why not. I'm coming up on the end of 100 push-ups/200 sit-ups, and was just thinking I didn't know what I'd do for those days, so now I can alternate WiiFit with c25k and see what we get. Sounds good to me!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I saw your 4000 kcal goal. Don't think I can do that (can I buy time somewhere?), but 2500 kcal must be possible.

If you do find someplace to buy time, please let me know! Hehe... I think I aimed a little too high last week, so I've actually brought this week's calorie burn goal down to 3,000. I need to focus on allowing my body some 'healing' time in between big calorie burn workouts... especially now that I've been concentrating on adding more strength training to my routine. :)
  • mrksjia
    Options
    Just finished
    New U Fitness First daily workout: 15 minutes (77 kcal)
    EA Sports Active More Workouts 6 week challenge light 3rd day: 16 minutes (102 kcal)
    EA Sports Active More Workouts step aerobics slow: 30 minutes (245 kcal)
  • suszieq55
    suszieq55 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just set up the Wii fit plus this morning.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Did 90 minutes on the Wii tonight, 30 of which were balancing games. Last weeks total for me was 5 hours!!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i dont think i could do one hour on the wii fit. its either too repetative or the games are too short.

i usually alternate between advanced step and the advanced boxing (10 minutes). sometimes i will throw in the obstacle course or the kung fu but they are pretty short. and the hula hoop one is just annoying.

all the rest are too low ni the MET thing.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i dont think i could do one hour on the wii fit. its either too repetative or the games are too short.

i usually alternate between advanced step and the advanced boxing (10 minutes). sometimes i will throw in the obstacle course or the kung fu but they are pretty short. and the hula hoop one is just annoying.

• curran80
    Options
    Done 40 mins free step today, got a yoga session on the wii biggest loser later!
  • eellis2000
    Options
    i did an hour yesterday, i wasn't sure if you meant per day or per week man my joints were tired. 30 of balance and 30 of aerobic
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello,

So far this week: Monday was 60 minutes of combination wii fit yoga, hula hoop, kung foo, that ball thing where you add to 10 and advanced step. Today was 38 minutes of Walk It Out waiting for the windows to defrost on the car.

Portia
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sunday no exercise I was at my daughters for her 30th birthday and stayed overnight.
    Monday I was off work but did 55 minutes strength training with weights with a calorie count of 379.
    Hope to do something tonight if I feel okay, I had a restless night and not much sleep last night.
    I will see how it goesj.
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    An hour of balance activities is certainly more difficult for me; not sure if it's because I'm so unbalanced or because of the short time line of the games anyhow last night I got in 20 minutes of yoga and 10 minutes of random balance games. (I also did a bit of Zumba dance party because it's new :P)

Today I have to go and retake CPR despite just having it a few months ago because my second job won't accept the one from my full time job (stupid!) so I'm not sure how much I'll get in today. I got 50 minutes of my Jillian exercises in this morning and have Zumba this evening so we'll see. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • mrksjia
    Options

Try other Wii fitness games, combine stuff, vary & create your own perfect gym!
    This is my gym:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/lm/R2YQSQRGWUPRFS/ref=cm_pdp_lm_title_1
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    You're all doing so GREAT so far this week!!! Don't worry about not being very balanced or having the time/patience for a full hour of balance games -- other activities can count toward this hour (per day or per week, up to you!) -- as long as we're all up and moving, that's all that really matters!! I just really enjoy having this thread for all of us to get together and share our Wii, weight loss, fitness and MOVING successes and such.

I'm aiming to get some Wii Fit time in this evening... so far, I have done very little exercise at all this week. I've been extra sleepy and a little down, but I'm digging out of the pits and getting back on top! I think a good, vigorous workout session or two will really help. Thanks everyone for sticking around and doing these challenges with me!!!

Have a GREAT Tuesday!
  • eellis2000
    Options
    30 min of ddr for wii. 10 min of 30d shred exercises didn't have time for full workout before leaving for work. see yall later
  • mrksjia
    Options
    Only Wii Fit Plus today, resting day in EA Sports Active More Workouts 6 week challenge. Just finished:
    - yoga: 28 minutes / 54 kcal
    - cycling: 21 minutes / 86 kcal
    - rhythm parade: 3 minutes / 17 kcal
    - jogging: 31 minutes / 248 kcal
    - perfect 10 advanced: 2 minutes / 5 kcal
    - steps basic: 3 minutes / 14 kcal

Total 88 minutes / 424 kcal
  • cdubs2012
    Options
    I just bought the Wii Fit Plus today! What a great group/challenge to find. I'd love to join!