10 minute solution dvds

Options
Hi everyone...i was hoping someone could help me...i have 4 of the 10 minute solution dvds but dunno how many calories they burn an don't want to just guess incase i.m cheatin or out doin myself lol i have the blast off belly fat,an dance your body thin,kickbox bootcamp and belly butt an thigh blasters...an if anyone can recommend any other One's they'v tried that would be great so i can get a collection up an can't get board of the same One's..:-) x

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Are they really only 10 minutes long? Do you sweat?
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    a 10 minute workout video? ....seriously?
  • JensueFerrell
    JensueFerrell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is hard to say since different people burn at different rates & it depends on how much effort you put into the exercise. Maybe you can do a search on the web to see if others have used those dvds. I am currently doing Beachbody's TurboJam & love it. They are not 10 minute workouts though. I am a Beachbody coach is you have any questions or would like to purchase some workouts. Tony Horton has some 10 minute trainer DVDs.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Each segment is 10 minutes, the whole DVD is 5 segments, 50 minutes long.

I have Kickbox Bootcamp and with that one doing the whole DVD I used to burn around 400 calories. For each 10 min segment its about 50 calories or so for the 1st segment, around 100 for the 2nd segment, close to 200 for the 4th segment, and so on.

I would invest in a HRM for more accuracy, but for the 1st segment I would put it under light aerobic activity, for the ones with the weights I would put it under calisthenics, for the 4th segment I would put it under kickboxing, and the last segment I would put under situps - vigorous. HTH for now!
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    Lol there 50 minutes long 5 x 10 minutes..for example the kickbox bootcamp the first 10 min is basic trainin second 10 min is ultimate buns an thighs 3rd is arm an shoulder sculptor 4th is washboard abs an then 5th is fat burning blast..they do loads of different dvds an there great...an they have an option on the dvd to customize your workout if there's sections you prefer x
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    That's a great help cheers..can the rhm say how many calories you burn?x
  • Cheylaing
    Options
    I've heard a few ppl mention the beachbody turbo jam!maybe i'l give it a go thanks x
  • simplywriting
    Options
    Those actually don't sound so bad now that I know you're supposed to do several of them at a time. That makes much more sense. I thought 10 minutes seemed a bit to minuscule.
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred and I LOVE it... its about 20-25 minutes, but if you do it everyday, you'll see results pretty quick. I had my doubts, but now I'm a believer. The DVD's are $9 at Wal-mart.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's a great help cheers..can the rhm say how many calories you burn?x

Yes, if you get the right one. Look around and see what works best for you. The HRM I have you input your height, age and weight, and it will tell you how many calories you burn for the amount of activity you do.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on what you are doing. The Kettlebell DVD really tot me going, pilates on the ball, not so much. It's impossible to guess. Without the use of a HRM, I would log them in as generic for the activity you did - IE Areobics, Yoga, Pilates, Dance, etc etc.
  • jendorf44
    jendorf44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    10 minutes is 10 minutes...the negativity is not encouraging - sometimes that is all the time a busy mother has during nap time or whatever. The 10 minute solutions are typically 40-50 calories burner during each 10 minute section.
  • smp7882
    smp7882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was just researching these video's and came acrossed your comment and just have to say Thank You! I was thinking along the same line, You are so right! Negativity does not belong here on this kind of site! Haha, anyway any form of activity is better than none at all.... And us Mommies do get very (KRAZY) busy at times...
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Hello All :)

So my two cents on these videos....worth every penny!!!!!! I've used them in the past and lost 30 lbs....that was quite some time ago, lol, and I am using them again after quitting smoking and gaining a lot of weight back.
    I just purchased 5 Day Get Fit Mix....LOVE IT! Also picked up Perfect Pilates Body, but have not tried the whole thing of that yet...and I have a couple of older ones.

And, I hear that you can get them on Netflix if you have that, so that's cool :)

I would like to know an accurate way to calculate calorie burn for the different exercises....right now I am just going with whichever exercise is closest, lol, so I will check out the HRM.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I think these are for free streaming if you have Netflix. I tried a few. They are ok. nothing too special.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    10 minutes is 10 minutes...the negativity is not encouraging - sometimes that is all the time a busy mother has during nap time or whatever. The 10 minute solutions are typically 40-50 calories burner during each 10 minute section.

Exactly what I was thinking, anything is an improvement from doing absolutely nothing.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was just researching these video's and came acrossed your comment and just have to say Thank You! I was thinking along the same line, You are so right! Negativity does not belong here on this kind of site! Haha, anyway any form of activity is better than none at all.... And us Mommies do get very (KRAZY) busy at times...

agreed!
  • cocodiva75
    Options
    Hi Cheylaing ... I know you asked this question a LONG time ago, but I found the answer because I wanted to know also and I found out how many calories are burned with each video. Just click on this link:
    http://www.bootsdiets.com/calories_burned/in_the_home/popular_fitness_dvds.html
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I have several of these DVDs, too and my favorite is Knockout Body! All the punching and kicking makes me feel strong!

As for calories burned, I used an HRM to determine the accurate calorie burn for my body.
  • j9riter
    j9riter Posts: 20
    Options
    Those actually don't sound so bad now that I know you're supposed to do several of them at a time. That makes much more sense. I thought 10 minutes seemed a bit to minuscule.
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred and I LOVE it... its about 20-25 minutes, but if you do it everyday, you'll see results pretty quick. I had my doubts, but now I'm a believer. The DVD's are $9 at Wal-mart.

Did you get them recently? I really need some videos that are about that duration. Do you like them?