Shakeology

Options
2»

Replies

• DanielleHodgins
    DanielleHodgins Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink it every day for breakfast and love it. :love: I wouldn't eat breakfast otherwise and I know I need to get my metabolism fire burning first thing in the morning. The weight loss, energy, digestive regularity...all just amazing. My 65 year old dad has lost 45 lbs in 5 months just replacing one meal a day with it. He's not exercising or following a diet. Shakeology just cannot be compared to slimfast or any protein shake. It is full of antioxidants, prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes etc that cannot be matched. It's definitely best in a blender with ice, and whatever you choose to blend with it. Don't shake it up in a cup. I also use more than 8 oz of liquid. I have some of the individual packets if you want a sample, shoot me a message.
  • DanielleHodgins
    DanielleHodgins Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use Diet V8 Tropical with Greenberry and frozen fruit And unsweetened almond milk and PB2 peanut butter with chocolate primarily, but have a ton of favorite 'recipes'!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just got it recently and think that it is DELICIOUS. Yes, it is sickly sweet and expensive, but here's my solution. I use a scoop with double the amount of water and use it for two days. Now your $120 is only $60 a month, and your 150+ calorie shake is now only 75 cals (plus whatever delicious add ins you choose). I also do not use it every single day - I only make it when I need a quick snack, ate badly, or had an extreme work out day. I'm sure this takes away from the whole Shakeology "magic" but hey, having it 3/4 days a week is still better than not at all right?
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love Chocolate Shakeology with unsweetened almond milk. I put PB and banana when I need more calories. Great no bake cookies too. I'm addicted.
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I did it for a couple of months and didn't really notice any energy or appetite difference; just the satifaction of not eating a really bad breakfast. The chocolate one was OK, I tried different additions (banana, mint extract, peanut butter, strawberries) and it helped from getting bored with the same thing every day. I still drink them every once in a while for variation--it helps the $119 stretch farther. The Greenberry is truly awful--nothing could salvage that taste--its funny how in the website video they are drinking it going "mmmmm, delicious..." I bet they vomited soon after hearing "CUT!" If it was cheaper, I'd drink it more often. I find myself eating a bowl of cheerios with banana and skim milk for much fewer calories and I feel more satisfied--and it's alot cheaper!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I use Diet V8 Tropical with Greenberry and frozen fruit And unsweetened almond milk and PB2 peanut butter with chocolate primarily, but have a ton of favorite 'recipes'!

Is this in addition to your shake? I would imagine too many add ins turn the already expensive $4 shake into a $5-6 shake! (ie, some PB, a banana, milk, etc...)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You would have to consume about 5 lbs of veggies each day to get the amount of nutrition you get from 1 serving of shakeology. Shakeology is much more than JUST a protein shake or meal replacement.

Yeah, but eating 5lbs of veggies a day isn't healthy for you either.
  • dinahmite425
    Options
    i just finished my second shake for the day!!!! its addicting its healthy and tastes so so so good i love the chocalate tried the greeberry once and now im really wanting to try again but overall chocalate is way beter greenberry is nasty with out fruit or juice or something in it!! i am a beachbody coach so you can purchase through me go to www.myshakeology.com/dinahmite i dont think i could go a day without it that is the honest truthyou can also do a 3 day cleanse with it that can have you drop 3-8lbs in 3 days i just did a cleanse in early feb losgt 5lbs you drink 3 shakes a day a salad and 2 cups green tea and lots of water and then the wt drops off!!!

again go to www.myshakeology.com/dinahmite add me on facebook dinah blackbarbiefit pierson check me out on youtube at www.youtube.com/user/dinahmite425 i just finished p90x and lost 23 lbs and shakeology had lots to do with it you want to email me i can send you a few videos about shakeology and whats in it etc coachdinahmite@gmail.com
  • genndan100502
    Options
    I love shakeology and btw, Target has a Bella Cucina rocket blender http://www.target.com/Bella-Cucina-Rocket-Blender-10029/dp/B000I0QDGC an individual shake blender on sale in stores for $20, not as great as the magic bullet but perfect for individual shakes.

The way I reduce the cost of shakeology is I am splitting the cost of one month with my coworker so our pockets aren't so empty and we still get the benefits of shakeology just not everyday. If I had to pay on my own I would say it's too expensive as well.
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I love the taste! Just like others have said, you can definitely tell the difference in your overall health after only a short time of using it too. There are so many different ways to blend it too, so you can have a different shake every day of the week.

Not advertising or trying to sell anything, but I do happen to have a few samples that I would send out if anyone is interested. Just message me if you are.