postnatal group - February 2011

Options

Replies

• BreeAnya
    Options
    HI mommies.

I have a one year old little boy. Don't remember what my highest weight was during pregnancy but it was at least 205-210. I'm currently 180. Need to lose at least 40 pounds. I'm about 20 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. Recently lost and gained +10 pounds mostly due to holidays and work stress. I just went from working 50-60 hours to less than 40 because the pay is not worth a cranky, sobbing, and sluggish momma and wife. I have lots of time at home now which as soon as the weather gets better can be spent taking nice long walks or jogs (gotta put that fancy stroller to use) or dates at the park with my little man... but for now this COLD weather has me in momma bear mode when all i wanna do is fill up on hot chocolate, cookies, pizza... and then just snuggle with my baby bear. Baby bear's not too much into snuggling tho, which is good. He's always up - running around living room, dancing to any song he hears, and has recently learned to spin in circles until he falls. I do join him and chase him, dance and spin with him but that's not nearly enough.

Right before I found out I was pregnant with him I had dropped 15 pounds - working out, counting calories on ipod app and alternating days with slimfast fast diet (day consisted of slimfast, fruit, and half turkey sandwich type meals) it indulged my chocolate sweet tooth and I lost those 15lbs in about 3-4 weeks. I've tried the calorie counting and working out a few weeks ago but it only lasted about a 2 weeks and i dropped weight quickly but like i said before holidays (and lost of yummy food) and work (and lots of junk food and stress).

I guess my story above is all to ask 2 questions:

1. I'm still breastfeeding but plan to wean him off in the next month or so - is slimfast safe to take?

2. Any ideas for cold weather work outs with baby?

Thanks to anyone who read what's above =D
  • BreeAnya
    Options
    Hi, can I join, too? My 3rd baby is 7.5 weeks old, my older 2 are 3 (tomorrow) and 5.5 years. I gained about 30lbs with my son, and have lost 20 of it. I really want to lose that last 10lbs before summer! I discovered you can add "breastfeeding" as a food and it gives you -500 calories. So it gives me a daily goal of 1800 calories. I think that might be too much for me, but I don't often hit that anyways. Somewhere between 1500 and 1800 should be good.

What's your favorite workout? After my 2nd daughter I walked pushing my double stroller every day for about 2.5 miles. It took the weight off really quickly. I don't know what to do with the 3 kids, though.

Are your 2 olders ones too big for the double stroller? If they can still fit in there you can carry little one in baby sling and still do your walks... weather permitting. it's still too cold for long walks here. getting better and not as icy tho... soon very soon.
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Once it's warmer I plan on getting my oldest one to ride her bike while I push the double stroller, but she still needs some help on her bike, too. She's well under the weight limit for the stroller, but she's tall (lucky girl is tall and skinny), so it's uncomfortable for her. I do put baby in the Snugli and push the younger one to my older one's school, weather permitting (double stroller is in the shed right now, which is completely blocked by snow).

My baby is unbelievably fussy today, and wanting to eat every 2hrs. I couldn't even eat breakfast this morning, let alone find time to work out. He won't sleep when I put him down, grrrr.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Angela .. yeah $3/hr will add up, cheaper than a sitter at night though .. and you know what, you're worth it! You could easily spend $75 on something frivolous, and getting into shape is anything but that. Glad to hear that you're going again today, have fun! And yeah, summer is a looong way off, we should ban the 'bikini talk' for now lol :p How long is the biggest loser competition at work going to run? Did you sign up?

That's true, it's all worth it. I did sign up for the competition. It's a 3 month competition. First weigh in is Thursday so we shall see how much damage I've done. haha
  • ThisAboveAll
    ThisAboveAll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey BreeAnya - not sure what's in slimfast, but if there are artificial sweeteners (I'd assume there are?) then I'd definitely hold off until you wean your little one ..

MaKisMom - hope your babe naps nicely for you today .. mine isn't!!!

Angela - good luck in the competition, exciting!! What's the prize? (other than the obvious!!)
  • 00Angela00
    Options

Angela - good luck in the competition, exciting!! What's the prize? (other than the obvious!!)

Money prize :-) Right now the pot is $420 if everyone stays in the competition. :-)
  • ThisAboveAll
    ThisAboveAll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How nice would 400 bucks be?! It would pay you back for all those daycare fees at the gym! ;) Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow ..
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I just realized that we haven't been doing weekly weigh ins on our forum! I weighed in today at 156.6 which is 4lbs down this week for a total loss of 53.4lbs since having baby ayden. Planning on measuring myself today too since I haven't done that in a few months.
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great loss! keep it up!! Do you gals regularly weigh in weekly?
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi! Would like to join..... my little one is 9 months old. just down to the last few lbs of pregnancy weight but support is always nice!
    For myself I found measuring was great! Wish I would've started taking my measurements earlier! It took forever for me to get motivated but now that I can see the inches falling off I am pretty much addicted to working out lol! I guess that's a good addiction!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    tlussier - we did in the beginning. Would everyone like to start again? I find it helps me stay on track. :-)

Welcome _Lisa_!

My baby Ayden turned 5 months old today! *sigh
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I'd love to join. My name is Kim and I am a Mommy to 5 kids. My youngest is 9 months old. I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy. When I started MFP, I was 152 and I joined in the beginning of January. I am now 135.6 as of today.My goal weight is 125, I am 5'2". I have about 10 more pounds to go =)
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    welcome kdao!

weighed in mid week this week and only lossed 0.5lbs so far. I know that's not bad for only 4 days but for a competition and for cutting out meat I feel like it should be a little more. *sigh. Oh well, I'll take any loss. :-)
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Thanks Angela. Good luck on your competition, any loss is a good loss =)
  • tlussier
    Options
    Angela- I am up to weighing in weekly! It is great to have to be held accountable to someone other than myself!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    I would like to join in! My baby was born in June and I have a little more to lose. Most of it fell off but now I am really going to have to watch my intake and start moving to lose the rest.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    welcome sarahp43. :-)

it's snowing here in sunny seattle (yes SUNNY seattle haha)

I did a Jillian Michaels 6 week abs workout video a couple of days ago and still can't walk. Can't walk after working out your abs, you say? Yup! She makes you do so many squats and lunges in that video! Err! Some how I don't think I'm gaining much from the video if I can't work out for 4 days following it!
  • tlussier
    Options
    3.2 lbs lost this week!!! YAY! I have never had a big loss like that for a while! That's a pound more than usual...I guess this 17 day diet thing is working (even though I gave myself 2 "cheat" meals this weekend!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    yay tlussier! congrats! What is the 17 day diet? Did I miss a post somewhere? sorry! (I know I was missing for a few weeks lol)

I lost 2.4lbs this week. YAY!
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    I lost 1.6 pounds this week!