"THE DRESS"

Options
2»

Replies

• KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    I would rather walk down the aisle in a white paper sack than to stay heavy just to fit into a dress! You got my vote! Alter it to Hell or buy a new dress to go with your new body! :glasses:

I know right!! Thank you!
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm getting married in July and I want to lose 50 more pounds before then, I don't want to look for a dress until I'm 20 pounds from my goal as I fear them not being able to alter it that much.
    That being said everyone I know is bugging me that I MUST buy a dress now! Please why would I want to try on dresses now when I'll look so much hotter in them in a few months? LOL IF I look now I'll just upset myself, I'd rather buy somethign off the rack closer to my wedding.
    OP it is totally worth buying a new dress to keep losing the weight, so your happy with how you look on your wedding day!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding as well!! :drinker: We will both look SUPER HOTT in our totally fitted dresses! :love:
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. Keep working toward your weightloss goals and don't give another thought to the dress. The dress is NOT more important than your health, confidence, self esteem, etc.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
  • sageslippers
    Options
    Congratulations! It sounds to me like you're in a good position - you'll feel great on your wedding day! You've made amazing progress!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh! That's such a "mom" response, esp. given that wedding dresses are SUPER expensive. Btw, they can't always alter a dress enough. I know, b/c mine was too big for me at my wedding - they couldn't alter it any more. That said, I would personally buy another dress if I had to, rather than walk down the aisle chunkier than I would've been, just to fit into a dress. Hilarious! Keep up the good work, and just roll your eyes whenever your mom starts in on you.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I would rather walk down the aisle in a white paper sack than to stay heavy just to fit into a dress! You got my vote! Alter it to Hell or buy a new dress to go with your new body! :glasses:

I totally agree....its so funny we went to order my friends dress and the lady at the dress shope said that same thing, she told her not go exercising and to lose weight.... :grumble:
  • andyz_grrrl
    Options
    My dress was falling off my shoulders at my wedding and I had a corset back!!! They pulled it as tight as they could and still the shoulders were off have the day!! I wouldn't have kept the weight for anything, but wish I had of bought another dress. Happy Dress Shopping :happy:
  • roma2011
    roma2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Your mom might have a point about the dress being difficult to alter. I've bought my dress too small for me purely based on my bridesmaid (who does dress alterations) telling me that if I'm planning on slimming down then my dress would be difficult to alter. It just doesn't work for certain dresses. So I'm hoping and praying that I'll get rid of a size before July, I'm sure I'll manage it but I'm still kindof nervous about it as I'm quite tall and broad anyway. Even when I was a little stick insect with no meat on me whatsoever I always needed a size 12 (UK sizes).

No way would I stop loosing weight just to make sure I fit into a dress though, just get a new one! Simple! With a super hot new healthy toned body any white dress will look stunning on you, and like someone else said you'll DESERVE two dresses!
  • LoViNlIFe0225
    Options
    Okay...I'm going through the exact same thing! My wedding is in April and everyone keeps telling me to quit losing weight or my dress won't fit so what I did was I found a tailor that I really liked and asked them how much notice they would need to make any last minute adjustments. She told me a month...so a month before the wedding I will quit actively trying to lose weight but there's no way that I'll go back to an unhealthy eating style to avoid losing weight. I would just find a tailor you like and ask them how much notice they would need for LAST MINUTE adjustments...I'll have to pay extra to have it adjusted a second time but I would rather do that than be uncomfortable at my wedding! Just what I decided...maybe it can help!
  • pwiggy
    pwiggy Posts: 17
    Options
    They may not be able to alter the dress enough, but that shouldn't stop you! Call the place you are buying the dress from and explain the situation- They may be able to order a smaller size and do a exchange.

Congratulations and as a Mom I would never advise my baby girl to stop loosing weight and she is getting married in June. If she looses to much weight I will manage a way to alter the dress I am making her- LOL
  • Hee, hee you cracked me up! Parents...oh, parents and their wacko opinions sometimes! Get a new dress if you need to! New dress: $600+.....New skin and a hot bod: PRICELESS!
  • 7RandomNames
    Options
    50 pounds is a lot of weight loss, and if you're planning to be that much lighter by the time your wedding rolls around, then chances are pretty decent that they won't be able to alter your dress. That being said, AWESOME! Sell the old one and buy a new one. Rock on.