Newbie who would love friends and support

quoyle
quoyle Posts: 8 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I started using this site a couple days ago and am enjoying it so far. I have set my weight loss goals at 1/2 lb / week because I want to do this slowly. I have lost and gained weight in the past and I swore I would never do anything too restrictive again because it always backfires. I have healthy eating habits but have portion control challenges and emotional eating can come into play... Anyway, my goal is to lose 50 lbs and I'm hoping this site will provide accountability and support. None of my friends have weight problems and although they are loving and supportive they don't really get it. I used to teach aerobics and now walking for a half hour is about all I can manage. I'm looking forward to feeling more energetic and confident again. Thanks in advance! Megan

Replies

• hello and welcome to the site .. this is a great way to meet new friends and get a great support system :)
  • Hello and welcome! Sending you a friend request:)
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Hello and welcome. I understand the struggle. I use to be super active at the gym but stooped about 6 years ago and it has been difficult to get back into it. Feel free to add me if you'd like:smile:
  • Welcome Megan! Hope to keep hearing from you! Every day is a new day - full of challenges, obstacles - but also fun, new beginnings and SUCCESS!! Dont give up on your vision of a healthier, trimmer you... it's easier when you have friends you can have cheering you along your journey!! ;o) woohoo :flowerforyou:
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Hi, I am Habibah just started this site a couple of days ago. Love it! My husband turned me on to it. I actually enjoy entering my meals now because I never would use the writeen logs! Good luck to everyone. I have 58 pounds to lose. God help me! LOL
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Hello and welcome. You will do great, lots of support here, feel free to add me if you would like.
This discussion has been closed.