BLUE BELL ADDICT in need of intervention and Pals! LOL

Options
Soooooo Im excited about about this MFP journey/experience...

First because I believe that the more conscious I am about what i am doing the more likely I am to modify the behavior! ( Its so good to be able to say " No I dont want those GS cookies cause that one thin mint cookie is not worth having to walk around the block for 20 minutes to burn off the calories---LOL).

Secondly I like making new pals.

You all I have got to get rid of this pooch and chunky face!.... particulalry since I have gotten pretty good at camoflauging it (If I buy one more empire waist anything, I will scream!!!))))))))...I figure my MFpals will help to keep me focused, motivated and inspired....oh and help me fight my insatiable urge for BLUE BELL ICE CREAM (I am an ICE CREAM ADDICT).

So if you fit the bill, like to share receipes, idea,s tips and humor, then...... let's be PALS!

Replies

• CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we're all in this together! You CAN do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    With an attitude like that you're bound for success! Good luck :)
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me as a friend. Don't keep ice cream in your house! It's easier to talk yourself into a healthy snack if the ones you crave aren"t around! I have all kinds of gum - fruit and mint flavours, handy for when I have a horrible craving for something sweet. The chewing makes me feel like I'm eating something and the flavour usually helps whatever the craving! Good luck! I'll be rooting for you!
  • cindyrella2010
    Options
    I, too, am an ice cream addict. But here is something I have found that helps me to enjoy what I love while cutting back:

Most ice cream servings are 1/2 cup, right? What I do is spoon a half cup of ice cream into a plastic measuring cup (the 1/2 cup one). It is full, which makes my brain think I am eating much more than I really am. Then I find a little spoon, and eat it SLOWLY. Your taste buds don't know the difference between a small bite and a big one, and eating it slower allows you to enjoy the taste without the quantity.

I wish you the BEST OF LUCK!!! :D
  • ybent
    ybent Posts: 10
    Options
    You got me babe!
  • friedlillies
    Options
    I know exaclty what you mean about the Blue Bell...I think they put a little something extra in that stuff. It's highly addictive!!!
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    oh and help me fight my insatiable urge for BLUE BELL ICE CREAM (I am an ICE CREAM ADDICT).
    Welcome! We can all do it! You're making the first steps in the right direction. Have you tried Ben&Jerry's frozen Yoghurt? It tastes like ice cream, but really low in calories. For a 100g (1 cup) of Cherry Garcia, it's 150 calories! I buy it and eat it with a tea spoon. So even if you ate the whole tub, you wouldn't be doing too serious denting in your calories. Also, sorbets are another good substitute and really low in calorie too. They all still have sugar, but it's better than having to cut out something you love entirely. For me it's cheese and bread, so I've switched to different cheeses like mozzarella, but'll still have my favourites every now and again. But if you feel out of control, find something else you love, but can stop when you're full.

All the best :o)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    You can add me too !
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined myself and am already hooked. Feel free to add me!
    I, too, am an ice cream addict. But here is something I have found that helps me to enjoy what I love while cutting back:

Most ice cream servings are 1/2 cup, right? What I do is spoon a half cup of ice cream into a plastic measuring cup (the 1/2 cup one). It is full, which makes my brain think I am eating much more than I really am. Then I find a little spoon, and eat it SLOWLY. Your taste buds don't know the difference between a small bite and a big one, and eating it slower allows you to enjoy the taste without the quantity.

I wish you the BEST OF LUCK!!! :D

And I TOTALLY agree with the above strategy. It's exactly what I do! Small dish, tiny spoon, and itty bitty bites. People always ask me how I make my ice cream last so long! lol
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream as well! Mmm ben & jerry's!! But i have switched to frozen yogurt! It is just as delish and makes me feel better about eating a little!! A lot of froyo places have been popping up in my town and they have tons of fresh fruits and nuts you can add to your serving. I would look for one in your area!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Ice cream is one of my weaknesses as well. In fact, I avoid the frozen ice cream section at the grocery store all together now. If it's in the house, it is in danger of being in my mouth. So I don't keep any junk food in the house now. Easier on those late night cravings not to cheat. I try to keep lots of fresh fruit instead. Frozen seedless grapes are awesome btw. Those I can't keep in the house either because my family devours them. LOL
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i love ice cream too. it is one of my biggest weaknesses. that and strawberry debbie cakes. i got a ninja for christmas and have been mixing 1/2 cups strawberries and a container of lite and fit strawberry yogurt together and using that as my ice cream substitute helps. you could try that. if you add 1/2 cup skim milk or your favorite juice it makes a good smoothie too. if mint is your thing you could maybe get vanilla or plain yogurt and add a smidge of mint oil or a mint leaf or two to it and freeze it. if you have to have chocolate you could get dark chocolate chips and add just a tea spoon if it to your yogurt as well.
  • ybent
    ybent Posts: 10
    Options
    My weakness though is coldstone. OMG, Their sweet cream and birthday cake flavors. Their ice cream cupcakes. . .

4877334.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I know exaclty what you mean about the Blue Bell...I think they put a little something extra in that stuff. It's highly addictive!!!

I have said the same thing about Blue Bell!!! It is so good I can't quit eating it, so I just don't buy it anymore. It was on sale this week,but I passed on it.
  • rawrim4f4tty
    Options
    omg coldstoneee

i feel your painn =[

but we can soo do this =] i just joined and i need to do this for me, so in short:
    i need somebody to help me, wanna be ice cream buddies? xD
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Too funny!! Feel free to add me, I know a lot about beating ice cream addictions!!