Salad Dressing Suggestions

2»

Replies

• I just bought a bottle of Walden Farms - it is 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat - how can that be right? Well the label says it is. It does lack greatly on any taste at all that resembles salad dressing LOL! I only tried the Ceasar Dressing and the funny thing is not a couple hrs after I tried it and was not impressed, by son went to open the fridge door, and out it fell, onto our ceramic tile and broke. SO - I guess I will just have to eat my nummy Greggs Ranch Dressing with ALL the calories and skimp someplace else on my diet :tongue:
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    I make one from scratch. 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar, 1/4 c. olive oil, 2 tbls. dijon mustard, 2 packets of splenda OR 2 tsp agave nectar, salt and pepper to taste. Shake it up in a jar and keep it in the fridge
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    I LOVE creamy salad dressings, so that was one of my big issues when starting this. However, I have found yogurt based dressings (ceasar, cucumber dill, etc) in the produce section of my grocery store. Brand name is Renee's... don't know if it's a local thing or not. However, I would look for those, or buy the powder mixes for dressings and sub in low cal/low fat yogurt instead of sour cream.

EDIT: the ceaser is about 45 cal/tbsp, the cucumber dill is about 40 cal/tbsp... however the flavor is pretty strong, so I usually use half!
    I gotta second Renee's. Love that brand-I like the various vinaigrettes. My current favourite is tomato/ black olive vinaigrette. 'serving = 25 calories; not too shabby!
  • jerseyshorenurse
    jerseyshorenurse Posts: 47 Member
    My favorite dressing...Hidden Valley Light Ranch, 7g fat per 2 TBS. I use a little less than I would really want on a salad, then splash on some red wine vinegar and toss it all together, it really makes a little dressing "go" further, or I mix it with some salsa if I'm craving a little Mex flavor. I really love grilled chicken salads, but only if I can have yummy dressing with it, and this fits the bill for me.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    I make my own Catalina using Hunt's 100% natural ketchup ( no high fructose corn syrup) and sunflower oil- but you can sub your own oil.

1 TBSP = 31 Cal, 5 Carbs, 2 gr. Fat, 4 gr. Sugar and I have to admit- it's VERY good.

Anyone interested, I'll send you the recipe.
This discussion has been closed.