snacking and cravings

Options
i have these little sugary snacks, like brownies etc in single packaging.
just bought them today, was wondering if they will help me control sugar&sweets cravings ?
honestly, fruit just doesnt cut it when im craving! it must be sugary and fattening!

Replies

• tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    I get the 100 cal packs I think they help since I have a HUGE sweet tooth!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I eat one square of dark chocolate a day. It satisfies my sweet tooth and has added health benefits too!
  • medangel06
    Options
    Have you tried just eating 2 hersey's kisses? I have heard that helps. I know it's tough re-training our brains. All the pop and boxed food has taught us we need too much sugar and too much sodium. I wish you luck.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I hope they work for you! I find that some things, I can eat small amounts and do fine, but chocolate candy is not one of those things. Those just make the cravings worse :sad:
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I agree with "ahcoble". If you have one square of dark chocolate and savor it (nibble, let it melt in your mouth, etc...) you would be better off than having the whole packet. I used to eat the 100 calorie packs of a cracker mix and the sodium was killing my stats. If you pop the chocolate square, chew twice and swallow your craving will not be satisfied. Take your time and enjoy it.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I also have a sweet tooth, but I've weaned myself off sweets. The other day I had a piece of chocolate (for valentines day) and I thought I was going to die it was soooo sweet I could barely stand it. Even light vanilla yogurt is too sweet for me now, i mix it half and half with plain yogurt. My point is, after the initial withdrawal from the sugary goodness, things that aren't sweet enough to satisfy you now will be so sweet once you are not used to the sugar anymore. Fruit tastes like candy to me now. If you can last a week without candy/cookies/brownies etc, and eat fruit every day, i bet by the end of the week the fruit will be deliciously sweet to you. Its all about comparative taste and training your brain.
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    don't deny yourself anything. If you want it, have it, but track it and know that you aren't going to be able eat as much real food because you used up your calories on something like a brownie. That keeps be from going crazy. I'll also eat 5 m&ms occasionally to satisfy my sweet tooth. The 100 calorie packs work well too. Also try the weight watchers ice cream or any other low calorie version of your favorite treat. I know the minute i tell myself I can't have it, i want it haha so I make sure not to do that.
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    red grapes does the trip 4 me... I noticed when I eat my favorites - pineapple sherbet, twizzlers or life saver wild berry gummies, I go over board as eating just a small portioned sized is never enough. So I try to stick to grapes. Also avoid buying my favs when I am shopping. If its in the house, I will eat it - eventually lol.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own snacks, ex: Special K MultiGrain Oats & Honey cereal, 2/3 cup is 100 calories. Sweet, crunchy, yummy, 3g fiber, whole grain! Sometimes I'll add some Blue Diamond Almonds, Dark Chocolate flavor to them...brings it to 140 calories a serving!
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that it takes 30 days to wean off the taste of something. I know that was true for me of sodium, but alas I still have my chocolate cravings. I have been able to cut way down on it though, a single miniature Reese's PB cup seems to be enough.
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For me it's Riesen Chocolates. They are my "sweet thing" I allow myself for the day.