Anyone else eat fast food alot and still lose?

Options
I have found that Burger King's whopper jr w/ cheese, small fry, diet coke combo meal is a life saver bc I am always so busy at lunch time. I eat a sensible breakfast, a nice dinner, but lunch is almost always a fast food item. I also found that 3 supreme tacos are 600 calories from taco bell, YUMMM.. I am still losing, and back when I ate fast food 3X a day at times, I had amazing vital stats ( HR, blood pressure, cholesterol).. any thoughts? I do exercise vigirously 4-6 times a week as well... I just am in shock that as long as I stay under my calories, I am still losing.. I like it :)

Replies

• normajmonk
    Options
    Excercise is the key.
  • danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    And before any posts this, " I KNOW IT'S NOT GOOD FOR ME"... but I just want to know of other people who have lost weight while eating fast food. I am well aware of the long term affects of eating fast food on an almost daily basis.
  • normajmonk
    Options
    I just saw where you are from Apo, IN. I'm originally from IN. Where is Apo?
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I'm on the run, McDonald's is my friend. I don't have fries though. And I've still been losing weight. It's pretty cool, I just have to watch my fiber intake because my old body cannot take running low.
  • danielle4992
    Options
    I just saw where you are from Apo, IN. I'm originally from IN. Where is Apo?

haha! I am stationed in Japan.. so its a military APO/FPO.. I couldn't figure out how to type in my city where I am in Japan. But I am originally from Terre Haute!
  • yrodri44
    Options
    Hmmm this is very interesting. I'm barely going to start trying to lose weights. I can't answer your question but it's nice to know it's not affecting your weightloss because I'm in college and I work part-time so I'm bound to have to eat fast food. Thanks!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Before i became ill, i weighed in at 108-110 and maintained it for many, many years. And yes, I occasionally would have fast food, milk shakes, candy bars, etc. Operative word: occasional. I learned the hard way years ago that the quality of your calories count. I was not eating healthy food & became severely anemic (iron deficiency). I fainted at work and knocked my head HARD. I was very sickly.

Bottom line, I think if you are eating healthfully MOST of the time, you'll be fine. Oh, and don't be fooled by healthy labs after eating fast food a lot (3x a day). The effects may not show up til you are much older. (or maybe not, but why risk it?)

My 2 cents worth. :flowerforyou:

P.S. I saw your PS after I wrote this, so peace :bigsmile:
  • laschlueter
    laschlueter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food for lunch most weekdays. El Polo Loco is the best bet for me and I have no problem keeping lunch under 500 calories. The mini meals at McDonalds are good too.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    The sodium from fast food would kill me. Yuck.

We do Subway once a week when I'm too lazy to cook LOL We like their veggie delite sandwich.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    You can still lose weigh eating fast food. Losing weight is all about expending more calories than you take in. . I do eat fast food sometimes, just less than I did before and I try to make somewhat healthier choices. I would try to cut it down just because,like you said, it's not good for you. At least you aren't eating it 3 times a day anymore.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Well I was going to say, when I first started losing weight, I could still eat fast food and have cheat meals on the weekends and still lose. But as I got closer to my goal, even one cheat meal seemed to mess up my loss. However I see you are close to your goal weight, sooooo, there goes my advice. Congrats, you look great!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I eat subway almost on a daily basis and I'm still losing too! I guess exercise really IS the key!!!! My mom was really right all those years ago!!!
  • danielle4992
    Options
    I eat fast food for lunch most weekdays. El Polo Loco is the best bet for me and I have no problem keeping lunch under 500 calories. The mini meals at McDonalds are good too.
    I try and keep it to 600-800 calories for lunch.. and then do chicken and veggies for dinner... I would say I eat healthy most of the time.. just at lunch I fudge a little :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    The sodium from fast food would kill me. Yuck.

We do Subway once a week when I'm too lazy to cook LOL We like their veggie delite sandwich.

You have seen the sodium in subway right?

Most fast food places have some sort of healthy option these days, it's just up to you to make sure you choose it. Moderation is the key :)
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If I need fast food, Grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, no fries, and water.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty on the fast food as well, some of the healthier quick places I've found are Extreme Pita and the taco salad at Taco Time. I would say Chinese Takeout is the worst.
  • danielle4992
    Options
    I live in Japan on a military base, so the options I have are: Pizza Hut, Wing Street, A&W, Charlees, Taco Bell, Baskin Robins, Subway, Cinnabon, Anthony's pizza, and Burger King. I usually go with BK :) Bc thats about one of the only places where I can feel FULL on 500-800 calories
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i honestly think fast food is better for you (calorie wise) than a lot of restaurant food. i.e. a good ol' big mac is about half the calories than most restaurant burgers.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'll have it once in a while but I make sure to enter what exactly I want into my diary before I eat anything so I don't go over my goal...it's mainly the sodium that kills it for me though..
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When I have to eat fast food I usually get a "kids meal". The calories are more appropriate and it is more often than not plenty of food.