One Good Decision Leads to another

Options
One bad decision sure does lead to another... and another... and another. So I've noticed that when I take care of myself with nutrition and fitness by logging carefully on MFP I am a lot more productive all around. Bad days (binging) often lead to more days of the same and I seem to fail at most other duties also.
Some of the little things that I do when I'm staying within my calories and eating right are:
Brushing my dog's teeth.
Keeping up with my every other day laundry.
Water my plants.
Clean.
Wedding planning.
Check emails regularly.
Take less naps.
Go to bed earlier (I struggle to fit in 7 hours a night with my schedule).

Do you feel the same way, that staying within your calories makes you a better person all around? What things do you do when you're on top of it?

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    As a student, I am always more motivated to do my homework especially if I exercise regularly. When I'm in a negative state of mind its really hard to motivate myself to do school work or anything productive.
  • improvstitute
    Options
    Yes! I believe there is positive and negative momentum or flow. That positive flow makes it easier to make more positive decisions which creates more positive flow! I love that feeling. Of course the opposite is true as well. That is why it is so important to be conscious so that one bad decision or meal or splurge doesn't turn into two and beyond. That is a fast downward spiral!
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had completely forgotten the truth of what you posted. Years ago, when I was labeled a fanatic for my very fit lifestyle, I would forever hear "I don't have time to workout like you do" and I would just answer "I don't have time not to". Of course they were also referring to the way I ate. I would say that my life would fall apart if I didn't take care of myself. Guess what, I was right, everything else has fallen apart with my unfortunate choices/changes in nutrition and exercise.
    Thanks for the refresher course, I have been making the changes, but had yet to make them a priority, first things first.