When did people start noticing?

Options
How much did you lose before people started noticing?

Replies

• ReadyMom
    Options
    I didn't say a word to anyone and patiently waited till someone said something, happened for the first time at -22 lbs for me. :) Next comment I got was at -30 lbs and now at -44lbs everyone notices. :) Good luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The morning I hit 20lbs lost, I started getting comments at work.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    People really started saying things after about 20 lbs down for me.
  • tammydspice
    Options
    35 lbs, I cried yesterday so many people comment on my appearance. I have 37lbs gone now!!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Mine has to be 15-20. Here at work people were either complimenting me or crucifying me............ I really struggled for quite awhile with it. But I'm back on track now. You can't make me feel guilty for getting healthier.
  • tsgeneva
    Options
    Good for you! I am looking forward to this day!!
  • chantalicious
    Options
    Afte about 7lbs people started noticing I can't wait till I get to 15!
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ScorchPA
    Options
    comments started after about 30lbs.... then after 60 lbs, It became a daily thing.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    People started noticing the change at 10 pounds!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Fifty. Pounds.

I noticed right away, though, and that's all that really matters :)

Charmagne
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think between 10-15 to me but i am very open about my weight loss journey here at work and I think they do it to motivate me. as for people in my family i have not gotten a compliment yet except i look happy (happy is not thinner but i will take it)
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My coworkers started noticing after about 10lbs, and now they make regular comments.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Work colleagues started notice at around 10lbs and now getting all the time, "wow, you can really see it, I want to join MFP" haha!!! this site and the people on it are truly amazing.
  • westwick1
    westwick1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    yesterday was the first time anyone noticed for me and thats 18lbs down
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    For me a lot of people I work with knew I was trying to lose weight, and the comments started about 15 lbs down, weather they really could tell or not. But now I am 61 lbs down and every day I get a comment from one or another of my co workers... its so nice to have my hard work paying off.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    At about 10 for me. But I think part o fit is attitude too. And I've been wearign more dresses b/c I feel prettier.
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    30 lbs- people at the gym started coming up to me saying I looked great, and when I told them I had twins two months prior to that their mouths droppeddddd.... I'm still wearing my stretchy pants and big shirts I was wearing when I was 200lbs... they were tight then but super loose now. I plan to really wow people at the gym when I walk into the gym with tight spandex pants & muscles.... BAM! 15 more lbs =)
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Mine was about 20-25lbs. Its hard cuz its the winter here so I am always in a big coat but when I am not wearing it I get comments :)
  • Toaster88
    Options
    Oddly, when I was at 255, nobody said anything. At about the 220 mark, people started calling me fat. Don't ask me what happened.

Glad it is working well for everyone else!