When did people start noticing?

jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
How much did you lose before people started noticing?

Replies

• I didn't say a word to anyone and patiently waited till someone said something, happened for the first time at -22 lbs for me. :) Next comment I got was at -30 lbs and now at -44lbs everyone notices. :) Good luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    The morning I hit 20lbs lost, I started getting comments at work.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    People really started saying things after about 20 lbs down for me.
  • 35 lbs, I cried yesterday so many people comment on my appearance. I have 37lbs gone now!!
  • Mine has to be 15-20. Here at work people were either complimenting me or crucifying me............ I really struggled for quite awhile with it. But I'm back on track now. You can't make me feel guilty for getting healthier.
  • Good for you! I am looking forward to this day!!
  • Afte about 7lbs people started noticing I can't wait till I get to 15!
  • BUMP!
  • comments started after about 30lbs.... then after 60 lbs, It became a daily thing.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    People started noticing the change at 10 pounds!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Fifty. Pounds.

I noticed right away, though, and that's all that really matters :)

Charmagne
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    I think between 10-15 to me but i am very open about my weight loss journey here at work and I think they do it to motivate me. as for people in my family i have not gotten a compliment yet except i look happy (happy is not thinner but i will take it)
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    My coworkers started noticing after about 10lbs, and now they make regular comments.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Work colleagues started notice at around 10lbs and now getting all the time, "wow, you can really see it, I want to join MFP" haha!!! this site and the people on it are truly amazing.
  • westwick1
    westwick1 Posts: 44 Member
    yesterday was the first time anyone noticed for me and thats 18lbs down
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    For me a lot of people I work with knew I was trying to lose weight, and the comments started about 15 lbs down, weather they really could tell or not. But now I am 61 lbs down and every day I get a comment from one or another of my co workers... its so nice to have my hard work paying off.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    At about 10 for me. But I think part o fit is attitude too. And I've been wearign more dresses b/c I feel prettier.
  • 30 lbs- people at the gym started coming up to me saying I looked great, and when I told them I had twins two months prior to that their mouths droppeddddd.... I'm still wearing my stretchy pants and big shirts I was wearing when I was 200lbs... they were tight then but super loose now. I plan to really wow people at the gym when I walk into the gym with tight spandex pants & muscles.... BAM! 15 more lbs =)
  • Mine was about 20-25lbs. Its hard cuz its the winter here so I am always in a big coat but when I am not wearing it I get comments :)
  • Oddly, when I was at 255, nobody said anything. At about the 220 mark, people started calling me fat. Don't ask me what happened.

Glad it is working well for everyone else!
This discussion has been closed.