Brides on a Mission: Week 8

Options

Replies

• Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well when i weighed in it being at 141.4 ....so i have 1.4lbs left till my goal....yay i cant wait.... havent checked my measurements but will do soon...as far as my weight goes i hope i dont fall out of my wedding dress...as it was my size on valentines day!

Congrats!!! Good to see someone so close to completing their goal!
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.2 lbs! :happy:
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My brand new elliptical came yesterday...it is being put together as we speak so it should be ready tomorrow! Also, went and looked at houses and we found out what we are looking for. Now...to find a job!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): The job hunt is getting very stressful....not many jobs out there right now.
    4. My future challenge idea: Maybe work out with someone you don't usually work out with whether it's a parent, your fiance, or a friend. It would be a nice change of pace. :-)
    5. Any wedding news updates: Not really. I am going dress shopping on March 11, so that is exciting.
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I found this board right away when I joined MFP which was January 5th of this year. I love this board and it is so helpful in both weight loss and wedding ideas! After weighing in today I have lost just over 20 lbs! SOOOO excited to get over 20...now on to 25!
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Oh. My. Gosh. Soooo many! One that stands out right now was when we had been dating about 4 months, my older sister passed away very unexpectedly. Obviously, I was a mess. I went over to see him one night after being with my family and preparing for the funeral and he had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a poem he had written for me. He is a writer and he is SO talented and I just love it because I always get beautiful poems and letters but that was the very first one. It was all about me being strong and laughing and the hope that my smile gave him and knowing that he was there for me and to just try to find peace and see where my sister led me in life. It was amazing.
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): Good....my fiance and I are both making really great changes right now. Together we have both been doing pretty well.
    9. Weekly wrap up: It was sort of a rough week because of TOM! I really wanted to get over the 20 lbs but was worried after this week (it wasn't my best) but I was THRILLED when I weighed in this morning and I was down. GREAT DAY! :drinker:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Does anyone else get The Knot magazine? I do, I really like what they have to offer for ideas and such. But I just got the "spring" one and it stinks! There are so many dresses but 1) there are so many that have been in the previous issues 2) there are not many other topics besides bridal dresses 3) it was just borning lol. So I would say try a differnt one if you are itching to buy one right now.

And just and FYI- if anyone has Costco near them....Mine sells magazines at 30% off cover prices. So I got The Knot mag there for only $7.00! (normally $10.00)
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My latest wedding news: Two wedding showers? Dan’s friends and family live about two hours away, while mine are all within an hour away. It seems nice, especially for elderly people… but at the same time, it doesn’t do much to bring the two families together, does it? My mom and Dan’s mom offered to help Barb, my MOH plan it, since she’s the only one in the bridal party now.

DancingPixie – We must both be in the same boat this week, with getting stressed about silly things. My job has been freaking me out this week, the PA department of education is doing budget cuts to public schools and it may mean shuffling people around within the district. I love my job and don’t want to move! Secondly, grades are due for progress reports this week, so I’m under a deadline and really feeling the pressure (I have a lot more to get graded before then). Also, my fiancé expressed that he was unhappy with certain aspects of our relationship last night. It’s nothing we can’t work through, but with all the other stress in my day, I pretty much broke down and was hysterically crying with HUGE wracking sobs. I ended up making my fiancé feel terrible. I made myself physically sick , too – headache with nausea. Don’t know what the heck is wrong with me!:-P From other posts, though, I gather that we’re not the only two that are stressed and cranky.*LOL*

wannabrn10 – Shape actually put out a magazine a few months ago that was entirely a bridal magazine. It was pretty good. It gave lots of fitness and nutritional tips to help us lose weight for the wedding. I didn’t see anything in it that was all that different from what we already know and do though. I subscribe to Shape, Fitness, and Self. Does anyone else have magazine subscriptions like these? I find them to be very motivating and try to read something from them each day, just to keep myself on my toes.

agoessli – Thanks for the weight loss support. I get frustrated sometimes because it feels like I have more bad days then good ones on my weight loss journey. I just want to keep making progress. I’ve only got 3 ½ months to go!!!*bites her nails*

lilRicki – Awesome measurements, girl! Keep it up! I like going by measurements more than the scale. I was sorry to hear about your grandpa. I have a close friend who is currently dying from cancer and it’s very difficult to see him fading away and in so much pain. I completely sympathize. Drop me a line if you just need to vent!!!

Bditbobcat – I understand what you mean, about having your fiancé away for the weekend. We’ve been living together since August because his house sold and I’m so used to having him around, that I’m lonely while he’s gone. He went to visit his parents solo this past weekend because I was sick. Good for him because he avoided the germs, bad for me because I was a big baby and wanted taken care of!*LOL*

heels24 – I completely understand the MOH disappointment. My best friend since 8th grade couldn’t be in my wedding because her office wouldn’t promise her the time off. I was SO disappointed. She lives across the country and I haven’t seen her for eight years! I understood her reasons, but I couldn’t help feeling a bit disappointed and hurt. I actually cried when I hung up, but I was my gracious self while on the phone with her.

Shannon
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I'm feeling a little anxiety coming on. I'm in a wedding in August...and she has picked her bridesmaid dresses

http://www.dessy.com/wrap-dress/

I don't want to order it yet! I'm not at the weight I want to be at! But maybe because they're "twisty dresses" I can order the size I'm in now and it won't look horrid when I drop two more dress sizes...I don't want to order a 10 because I might not be a 10 in August...or will it give me more motivation to be a 10? Or should I order a 12 (I'm a size 14 right now)...for the love of god someone tell me what to do!
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My latest wedding news: Two wedding showers? Dan’s friends and family live about two hours away, while mine are all within an hour away. It seems nice, especially for elderly people… but at the same time, it doesn’t do much to bring the two families together, does it? My mom and Dan’s mom offered to help Barb, my MOH plan it, since she’s the only one in the bridal party now.

heels24 – I completely understand the MOH disappointment. My best friend since 8th grade couldn’t be in my wedding because her office wouldn’t promise her the time off. I was SO disappointed. She lives across the country and I haven’t seen her for eight years! I understood her reasons, but I couldn’t help feeling a bit disappointed and hurt. I actually cried when I hung up, but I was my gracious self while on the phone with her.

Shannon

OMG Shannon, sounds like we have very similar situations. I was the EXACT same way...super gracious and positive about it on the phone, but as soon as I hung up I just started bawling. Yes it's very disappointing but I try to think that all of these things happen for a reason, and at the end of the day the most important thing is that we're getting married, right?

I think I'll be having 2 bridal showers too. One in NC since my family is there and one in MD since his family is here. Hoping there's a least a little bit of intermingling between the two somehow.

-Mandy
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    . Name:
    2. Age: 29
    3. City: amarillo
    4. Occupation:
    5. Wedding date: 03/09/2012
    6. Fiancés name: carlos
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: off and on 6 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 215, current weight is 195
    9. Goal weight and date: 145 by January 2012
    10. Favorite type of exercise: playing softball
    11. Favorite healthy food: all fruits and veggies :)

Hi New to this site :) finally getting married to my love next year, currently he is in the army stationed in Korea for a year i hope to be at my goal weight by the time he returns in jan 2012 i hope to be halfway there when he comes home on leave or i go visit him which will be in aug of this year... :)
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.2 lbs! :happy:
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My brand new elliptical came yesterday...it is being put together as we speak so it should be ready tomorrow! Also, went and looked at houses and we found out what we are looking for. Now...to find a job!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): The job hunt is getting very stressful....not many jobs out there right now.
    4. My future challenge idea: Maybe work out with someone you don't usually work out with whether it's a parent, your fiance, or a friend. It would be a nice change of pace. :-)
    5. Any wedding news updates: Not really. I am going dress shopping on March 11, so that is exciting.
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I found this board right away when I joined MFP which was January 5th of this year. I love this board and it is so helpful in both weight loss and wedding ideas! After weighing in today I have lost just over 20 lbs! SOOOO excited to get over 20...now on to 25!
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Oh. My. Gosh. Soooo many! One that stands out right now was when we had been dating about 4 months, my older sister passed away very unexpectedly. Obviously, I was a mess. I went over to see him one night after being with my family and preparing for the funeral and he had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a poem he had written for me. He is a writer and he is SO talented and I just love it because I always get beautiful poems and letters but that was the very first one. It was all about me being strong and laughing and the hope that my smile gave him and knowing that he was there for me and to just try to find peace and see where my sister led me in life. It was amazing.
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): Good....my fiance and I are both making really great changes right now. Together we have both been doing pretty well.
    9. Weekly wrap up: It was sort of a rough week because of TOM! I really wanted to get over the 20 lbs but was worried after this week (it wasn't my best) but I was THRILLED when I weighed in this morning and I was down. GREAT DAY! :drinker:

Good luck finding a job, hon!

Both my fiance and I are looking for new jobs (thankfully we each have a job right now...) but it's impossible to find anything worthwhile. The only reason I am in grad school is because I can't afford my student loans right now!!! :-(
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    guess what ladies....i made it to my goal weight 140....I saw 140.8 this morning but didnt not log it waiting to see if it sticks....at least one more day or so....=) i think i must push my self to 135 ...as a cushion lol any of u do that n push ur self to lose a few more lbs to have incase u gain during tom or whatever so u dont feel bad if u had a bad day ro week???????????...so if it went up a few u dont get discouraged....??????????????????
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    guess what ladies....i made it to my goal weight 140....I saw 140.8 this morning but didnt not log it waiting to see if it sticks....at least one more day or so....=) i think i must push my self to 135 ...as a cushion lol any of u do that n push ur self to lose a few more lbs to have incase u gain during tom or whatever so u dont feel bad if u had a bad day ro week???????????...so if it went up a few u dont get discouraged....??????????????????

Oh yeah, I do the exact same thing. I weigh myself a couple times a week ( I know I shouldn't) just to see the results of my diet and workouts. I force myself to record the friday weight, but then come monday I am usually freaking out because I gain over the weekend. I mean I understand that I am usually not so good with eating on the weekends, but still it is frustrating! I just NEED to be good on weekends in order to get to my goal weight.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    My weigh in: OMG I gained 0.6lbs since last week! I knew I felt like I was having an off week but I didn't think I would gain! I was under my cal every day except 1 and I have worked out 4 times, burning a good amount each time. I hope I get a big a loss next week!

I am nervous because on Saturday I have to big this involving food that I am going to. At 3pm we are going to the annual chili cookoff at my fiance's grandparents church. There will be over 50 chili's to try! And then at 630pm we are going to a suprise bday party for a friend. It will be hard since I have no idea what they are having to eat and what the nutritional value will be in the food. I hate how dieting gets in the way of life. I am going to work on on Sat morning and hope for the best!!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Ok ladies, I'm feeling a little anxiety coming on. I'm in a wedding in August...and she has picked her bridesmaid dresses

http://www.dessy.com/wrap-dress/

I don't want to order it yet! I'm not at the weight I want to be at! But maybe because they're "twisty dresses" I can order the size I'm in now and it won't look horrid when I drop two more dress sizes...I don't want to order a 10 because I might not be a 10 in August...or will it give me more motivation to be a 10? Or should I order a 12 (I'm a size 14 right now)...for the love of god someone tell me what to do!

When I was at my heaviest thinking I would lose some weight before my cousins wedding whom I was the MOH in, I ordered a size 14 dress thinking I would be back in that size by the time the wedding came. Let me tell you....they run small anyways and i had gained weight! The dressess were really shear and light and I had to find ribbion that matched (no fabric matched) so the taylor could open up the dress by 2 sizes. It looked aweful! I was so embarrsed. So I would get something a little bigger and have it taken in. Not that I dont have faith in you, but they do run on the small size and I dont want you to be emabarrsed like I was.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

This is soooo great! Congrats!
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So who watched "Shedding for the Wedding"? Thoughts?? I'm intrigued by how the Greek Week themed wedding will turn out!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    OK I took your people's advice and ordered a medium bridesmaid's dress...the size is between 12 - 16, i'm a 14...and it wraps all the way around so I think it should be good even if I do hit a size 10...now I need silver shoes lol
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and joined the boards the other day so I am a little behind, but what the heck I can use all the motivation I can get at this point!

1. Name: Erica
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: Bowling Green
    4. Occupation: Home Management
    5. Wedding date: August 7, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Brad
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: It will be 8years in June
    8. Heaviest weight: 168
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 by May 6 (There is a reason being so early! lol)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Bootcamp/spin
    11. Favorite healthy food: Asparagus

Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: As I am coming in so late I am gonna go with a half pound
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Getting back outside today now that the ice has melted and I can walk/run before more snow comes.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Eating awful chinese yesterday.
    4. My future challenge idea:
    5. Any wedding news updates: Doing the food tasting in a couple weeks and engagement pictures on Monday
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: Just joined
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: Returning to the Midwest to be closer to our family and falling in-love with the town he now works in and we want to live in.
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): Haven't done it yet.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I'll let you know next week.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Katie
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: Rochester
    4. Occupation: Fundraiser
    5. Wedding date: September 17,2011
    6. Fiancés name: Jeff
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4.5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 182
    9. Goal weight and date: 158 by 6/30/11 (145 by Dec 2011)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running or Elliptical
    11. Favorite healthy food: Clemintines
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Whoops posted this on Week 7!

Brides on a Mission: week 8 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 3.5
    2. Highlight of the past week: Wore a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear for a year!
    3. Lowlight of the past week: Guest was double booked at one of the cottages for our wedding, grr.
    4. My future challenge idea: help motivate someone in their weight loss journey
    5. Any wedding news updates: double booking nightmare was finally solved
    6. Recap your journey since joining this board: I'm new :o)
    7. What is your favorite memory of you and your fiancé: A day at the lake
    8. How did you do with the week 7 challenge (healthy changes after marriage): We are going through this journey together, so after marriage we can be a fit and active couple!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Overall very happy with my progress. When I weighed in this week I did it 3 times to make sure the scale reading was correct!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    where im gettin married but without all the ice n snow....in may sorry if these pics r big....

185654_1438729748455_1839371654_861437_3098971_n.jpg

185871_1438733908559_1839371654_861447_1694685_n.jpg

184307_1438738028662_1839371654_861457_2733951_n.jpg

181730_1438734708579_1839371654_861448_4549169_n.jpg

183057_1438730308469_1839371654_861438_7931218_n.jpg
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    wow how pretty and peaceful!