Who's doing Jillians 6 week 6 pack?

Options
Bought it today, did it today, and WOW. It really works you hard. For me, it is a cardio/ab workout. I maxed my HR out at 163 and had to hit Pause after the burpees and the plank jacks, and a few other times. Loved the floor work. Burned 300 calories in 35 minutes.

Replies

• nikijohnson8
    nikijohnson8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was doing it (I lasted about a week and a half). I really like it, but I was getting bored doing it every day. I'm going to go back to running for a bit to lose a bit more around my gut so I'll actually be able to see my abs as they come in. :p I really like Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred too. Her workouts are awesome!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Ooo! This sounds good! Where did you buy it at? :o)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Im going to start tonight! just finished 60 days of shred...
    have fun!
  • BRISCOFAITH
    Options
    THAT SOUND VERY GOOD WHERE DID YOU BUY IT AT
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Target
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I watched it earlier and it looks way harder than level 1 of the 30-Day Shred, which is the only Jillian Michaels thing I've done so far. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it! I'm going to give it a try today, if I have time, or tomorrow.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    It sounds awesome and I was considering starting the 30 day shred as soon as my cold leaves. I run almost every day and was looking for something to help with the whole stomach area. Now I'm torn! I wonder if I should go and try to find this or continue with my shred plan! Hmmmm...
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am! I've been doing it every 2-3 days for the last month, and I love it!! I've seen definite improvement in my midsection, and I even think my love handles are shrinking. :) I think I'm going to go buy the DVD so I can starting doing level 2 (been doing it with Comcast On Demand, but only level 1 is available). It probably would get boring if you did it every day, but I've been doing 30 Day Shred and other workouts in between, and I'm still not tired of it.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing that one in with all her other DVD's and love it. It's definitely not your old "abs of steel" type workout. Tons of cardio throughout! Level 2 is a lot faster paced than level 1 so it took a little getting used to. I am constantly switching up her workouts (I have 6 of hers now....30ds, BFBM, NMTZ, YogaMeltdown, 6wk6pk, and Shreditw/weights) so I am never bored and my body is always guessing (and always sore, lol)
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it today!! I just finished her 30 Day Slim Down Plan yesterday. Will you guys be doing 6 week 6 Pack everyday? I'm going to be combining it with some of her other DVDs. Hopefully we'll all see some great results!! Good luck everyone!!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I did it again today, Level 1 of course. I first did Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfit Cardio and then did Jillian. Man, it's tough, my HR is soaring during the stand up work and the burpees, plank jacks, spiders...........It says to stay with level 1 for 3 weeks and then go to Level 2 for 3 weeks. I am going to try and keep doing it, but I will be adding other workouts in as well.
  • betsyn
    Options
    I just finished 30 day Shred on Sunday, took a day off and today I did 6 pack abs. I don't feel like I burned as many calories in 6 pack abs as I did on 30 day Shred, especially levels 2&3 of shred. How do you log it on here? I put it in as cardiovasular circuit training and it shows that I burned 297 calories for 35 min. I didn't sweat as much as I did on shred, so therefore, I don't think I burned as many calories. I think I will log it as 30 min. (don't count cooldown or warmup) and it shows burn of 254 cals. Thoughts?
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this today after I did it on ondemand as well. My god is it hard. I had to hit pause several times. I was also wondering how other people were logging it in.
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I watched it earlier and it looks way harder than level 1 of the 30-Day Shred, which is the only Jillian Michaels thing I've done so far. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it! I'm going to give it a try today, if I have time, or tomorrow.

I can't imagine anything being harder than Shred! Sounds super scarey.
  • Mahora
    Mahora Posts: 15
    Options
    I did the 6 week 6 pack for the whole level one but then found the level confusing I then switch to the 30 days which I mix up with No more trouble zones and boost your metabolism. All her workout kicks butts and I always get a goos swet too.

By the way, be carefull with the 6 w 6 p.... my friend snaped a rib on her third week of the level one ouchhhhh! Those are no jokes!
  • juliaowen39
    Options
    I feel like I work up more of a sweat w/ the 6 week 6 Pack. I tried the 30 day shred & became easily bored. Actually did 2 more workout videos after. (OnDemand is awesome) I highly recommend 6 wk 6 pack :) I think I'll have to do it every other day & run the days in between, so I don't get bored. (sees like a lot of people are having that effect) everyone is different so which ever one seems to work better, keep at it!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I did this once a couple of weeks ago, and then got really sick with a bad cold! Starting over today, and plan to do this on M, W, F and to do different DVDs or other cardio on T, Th, and weekends. Just because I think that I would get bored doing it every day!

It definately killed me, though. There were moves that I just could not do. And I had considered myself an intermediate level exerciser... now I'm re-thinking things!
  • scorbett1983
    Options
    where did you buy this from?
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I actually won mine in a giveaway! But I think that it's available at Target and definately on Amazon.
  • Erica_78
    Erica_78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 6 week 6 pack for 5 weeks straight, just as Jillian has suggested. 3 weeks on the level one 5 days a week and I am currently on level 2 also doing it 5 days a week. I do it M-F and on the weekends I run on my ellipitical for 30- 45 mins. Let me tell you I don't slack off in this workout. I give it my all and then some, like Jillian Michaels says, " You have to earn your body....it doesn't come for free!!!!" I faithfully use the food diary and keep my calorie intake to 1200 calories and then eat all my excercise calories back, drink at least 8 glasses of water in case I ingest too much sodium....and I have dramatic results already. I have lost and inch in my arms and neck. 2 inches off my lower waist, and inch off my hips, 1/2 and inch off my love handles and inch off my natural waist....I have no more saddle bags and my inner thighs are begginning to have muscle definition. My face is smaller and my upper body is defined. I have lost a total of 7 pounds, 2 pounds since joining MFP only 15 days ago and I owe it all to this tough workout and calorie counting. I am way more stronger as well. This dvd is not for everyone though ....it is very hard in the beginning. But, rest assured if you commit yourself you can do anything. You got to want it. Now do I have rock hard abs.....not yet. I currently weigh 133 and am 5' 2" so I am a tad overweight still, but my stomach looks so much flatter I can't believe it. My arms look awesome too! I have 9 more days left and then I think I will start over at level 1, so I don't plateau. Good Luck to you all!!!!! PS. I got my copy at Barnes and Noble.