fat and over 40

Options
Hi,

Subject really says it all. :-) I can't do anything about the over 40 bit, but I'm determined to do something about the other! I found this site from the EA Sports Active 2 forums, and I'm looking forward to monitoring my progress and maybe getting some encouragement from you guys as well.

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You and me both! It's a great site. You'll love it.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 this year and every year I say that same thing, I'll be in shape by my birthday this time...lol...here I am again. It's not easy when you get older! There are contributing factors to weight gain, especially for women. We should start an over 40's club to support and help each other.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Be 40 and fabulous!!!! That's what I want to be. Getting there too. Good luck!
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! There is a over 40 support group, I keep losing it...I was on it earlier... let me see if I can find it again. :)

40+ Club: Spring Fitness Challenge This is it! :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    40 and fabulous sounds like a great motto, We can do this........
  • lozzy05
    lozzy05 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 this year too. :smile: :smile: Us 40 somethings need to stick together and show em all that we can be 40, fit, and fabulous!!!!!:tongue::tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • lozzy05
    lozzy05 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi add me as a fat soon to be thin over 40 friend. We can do this :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club. With the support and encouragement of other we can reach our goals.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    :) Wow, what a welcome!

I've been overweight since my late teens, and to be honest never really did anything about it before, apart from a brief but concentrated effort in the run up to my sister's wedding which resulted in my losing over 25kg. Wish I was still there now!:sad:

But there's no time like the present. I will find the 'over 40 and fab' threads and see you over there! (although I might be seen in the :drinker: threads too) :bigsmile:
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I'll be 42 in May. Yes, I am about 40lbs overweight, but that doesn't mean I have to stay that way. :noway:

I'd love to have you and anyone else as a support team. This is OUR YEAR to get health, slimmer, and live better:happy:

Feel free to friend me for support. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Shan :wink:
  • mstea09
    mstea09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i too am over 40 and fat but with encouraging words like this i will be motivated to be 40 and fabulous
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    you know what they say...40 is the new 30 :tongue:
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I will be 44 in August and decided that I don't want to be fat anymore. We can all do this!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You are not alone - believe me - you should really enjoy this site - I love that you can enter yr meals and see just how many calories, carbs, fats & proteins you ate and have left for the day. Enter a recipe and see what the calories are. It is a huge help and now I see that just eating huge salads and fruit didn't work for me last time - need to balance. Good luck!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I woke up a few months ago completely surprised that I was 40 and had lost myself in flesh. I just have to do better.
  • sandrahover
    sandrahover Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will be 44 in August too. This site is a big help and motivator! I can't do anything about getting old, be I can help how it effects me!!
    I refuse to be old AND out of shape. :)
    Feel free to friend me. The more people keeping me straight the better. lol
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! For too long I bought into the "you will gain weight and feel lousy" as you get older. NOT TRUE!!! Be nice to yourself and the sky's the limit :-)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    We need to change the name to fit and over 40!!! That is what we are aiming for right? I just turned 47 and have been having problems keeping the weight off since turning 40. Our bodies change and we have to try hard to be fit!! This is a great site!!! We can coem here get ideas, encouragement support and just vent sometimes!!!

Good luck to everyone !!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd bump this thread for any newbies in the same boat. I'm making good progress so far, and hope to get to the FAB and over 40 stage some time this year. :happy:

The ticker starts at the beginning of my journey at the start of 2011, and it's going to accompany me until I reach my goals. MFP is a great resource, and it's really helping me to accept when I go wrong and get back on track. I hope that other newbies find this site as useful as I do - the support I've received from my MFP pals can't be underestimated. :love: :flowerforyou: