well bugger me, it works

Options
zorbaru
zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
I started trying to lose weight in october of last year. at first i just increased my exercise by adding in some running. i had a little success. the next step was to cut out 1/2 my soft drink and again had little success. in the last 4 months i went from 101 to 98 and went up and down.

i joined up on this site last friday and started to look at my intake. now i havent gone overboard on the healthy stuff, still having some chocolate, still eating what i normally eat, but i stopped the mindless snacking at work and before bed. that was generally enough to keep me under my goal calories.

i must admit, last night, being the night before i usually weigh in i got a bit sceptical, thinking "i havent really eaten better i dont think its going to have any affect".

well this morning in jumped on the scales and to my surprise i have lost 2kg (4lbs) in the last week. and to keep going at this rate my calorie goal has only dropped by 40 a day.

i will be recomending this site to anyone looking to lose weight.

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself - you'll be shocked!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good innit? I was the same, I thought I hadn't made that much of a change. I think some of it's subconscious - somewhere in the back of your mind, you're becoming more aware of what's going into your body. Even small things have an effect. I had a "well bugger me backwards" moment as well - now I'm just enjoying my baggy trousers! (don't hum Baggy Trousers all evening...) :laugh:
  • sharanranran
    sharanranran Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Love this site and the free app on my phone.
    I haven't changed my diet, I'm still eating pizza and ice-cream etc but I'm sticking to the calories and I've got the passion to exercise again! I've lost 10lbs in 4 weeks and am still really motivated to carry on. It's not like a diet and I think that's whats helping.
    So..here's to us and our continuing success using MFP :bigsmile:
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Omg! At first I thought you weighed 101 pounds!!! Lol
  • daffy8
    Options
    I totally agree. I was struggling to shift some pounds and thought I was 'meant to be' that weight, After a month or so on MFP I've lost 5lbs and am the lightest I've been for years!! It really does help and definitely stops you snacking

Good luck!!
  • zorbaru
    Options

haha, if i weight 101 pounds id have to joine My Fatness Pal to gain some weight.
  • AshliKrasz
    AshliKrasz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I totally thought you meant 100lbs too! I was like you need to see a shrink! Congrats on your success!!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options

haha, if i weight 101 pounds id have to joine My Fatness Pal to gain some weight.

I thought this too! I was like whaaaaaaat?!
    My Fatness Pal- haha.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    bah, i cant edit my post. probably should have put kgs on there.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i love this site too. i burned enough calories to have a small dairy queen sundae and not sabatoge my diet..unlike "diets" ive been on before. i love this site!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!