Very Hungry Day after hard workouts

Options
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on this. I work out pretty hard and do eat back my calories but the day after a hard workout, sometimes I feel like the calories allotted to me just aren't enough.

Does anyone feel this way as well or know what I could/should do to modify what I am eating?

Thanks!!

Replies

• FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem If I work out hard one day I'm really hungry the next. I try to save a few hundred calories from the day I worked out really hard for the next day. It's all about knowing your body, if you know you'll be hungry the next day save some calories from they days you're not as hungry.
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yah, I guess there's no exact science to it. Although I am less hungry after really hard workouts and sometimes it feels like I have to force myself to eat the calories expended during workouts. I will take your advice and try to switch it up a little for day of vs day after workouts.

Thanks!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating high fiber, high protien foods. They tend to fill you up more. I work out really hard too - usually burn between 1000 & 1200 everday. I eat back my calories because if I don't I will binge the next day, like my body is trying to catch up on lost calories.

I have found that a good snack right after working out really helps too - I usually have a banana, a 110 calorie bagel thin with 1 tblsp of peanut butter. They really kind of "stick to the ribs" and help me keep the metabolism revved. If I find myself hungry again later I'll have the same snack.

Good luck!