Starting January 2011

Options

Replies

• wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi all, well I've decided to stick to my Sunday weight in. I think, I would rather weigh heavier and work harder, than have a smaller number on the scales. Because I will kick back and get relaxed. So bring on those higher numbers, I'm ready for you! :o) Have a great week all!

@rachel1975f
    @nowornever3
    The Champagne is called The Reserve Chardonnary Pinot Noir by Banrock Station, it's an Australian Sparkling Wine, not a Champagne after all, but still has that Champagne kick and was slightly sweeter. I've taken a picture of the label (hope this works).
    Picture2.jpg
    I've maintained my weight for two weeks now...I don't think it's a plateau, I think I was deluding myself thinking I could get away with eating processed junk. So even though I was under my calories (not by much, mind) I was filling up on empty calories and loads of sodium.
    That's a great point. I had been doing the same and didn't even think to think about the sodium! I had also eaten crisps and ready meals, both which have lots of salt. Right, time to fill up my calories with healthy stuff and see how I get on. Welcome back and congrats on doing so well!
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Thanks, Autumn, for posting the sparkling wine. I will definitely check it out.

I don't know if it really helps or not, but I drink a lot of water to help with the sodium. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but it seems to be working for me. I just don't have the time to make lunch everyday, so I go with the processed meals, and then make dinner with fresh foods.

Have a great week everyone!!
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    I don't know if it really helps or not, but I drink a lot of water to help with the sodium. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but it seems to be working for me. I just don't have the time to make lunch everyday, so I go with the processed meals, and then make dinner with fresh foods.
    Thank you, I beleive it does work. I must improve my water intake regardless :o) I managed 8 cups today! Woo!!
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I missed my Monday morning weigh-in as I was still getting over my hangover! I know, bad me, but I enjoyed it at the time :-)

So I am over the moon to find that I have still lost 1lb this morning :) wasn't expecting that!

:-)
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Evening all.

Everyone is doing so well!!! I am really gald to have finally got over my plateau!! The 3lbs I put on last week have come of with an extra wee 1 :bigsmile:

I am falling behind on the exercise because I have a cold and don't feel too great but trying to keep up my 30 Shred because I'm nearly at Level 3 and I don't want to have to start over.

Also I am having internet issues so if I don't reply then I'm not ignoring you, my internet is not working. I'm cheating today and using my work's access.

Have a good week :heart:
  • Monicqua
    Monicqua Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi to everyone, I woke up Tuesday morning feeling real good. For a long time I was shy to have any friends because I felt like the whole world would see me and I was not ready to be seen.... I asked finally and my daughter helped me gain friends - thank you

I think it's a great feeling to be seen and fun, I started last year or before :smile: on and on, then off and off ..... gained pounds :blushing: I was 180 and now I'm 192 .... I have lost 4 pounds since restarting in January 2011.

My aim is to reach 140 and with each other and diary display I feel confidently for the first time in years .... we will make it.

WATER ... I have noticed the more water I drink is the more healthier I eat and feel. 3 -4 is my average intake and 8 is the goal :smile:

In the past 6 months I have learnt I can be a very emotional eater especially when someone dear to me is unwell and the pounds escalate .... but, I decided recently no more one morning :blushing: and sent a text to my family telling them how I felt about my weight and I am now going to tackle it (we have lovely family gatherings and mouth watering food) ...I got a great response, I have their support and strangely I felt great it was all out in the open .....no where to eat and eat and eat :laugh: ha ha.

My weight has stayed the same for the past 2 - 3wks, but I'm not worried because I feel as if I am moving forward and making happier more positive healthier choices. Step by step we will reach our goal.

You all share wonderful views and I am learning a lot ...... Thank you have a great day .. :happy:
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Welcome, Monicqua,

The best of luck to you on this new journey. It is so nice to have the support of family and friends, you are going to be great.

It seems like everyone is having a pretty good week, keep it going!!
  • Monicqua
    Monicqua Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good evening all, thank you Rachel this is so true .... yes, I believe we are having fun I can feel it :smile: very nice .....

The subject of sleep, yep sleep :yawn: I am trying to get to bed earlier, I have a tendancy to get 4 to 5 hours because I have a few bits to take care of like excercise, watch tv, phone calls, washing, supper then when I finally get to bed I see oh dear it's a bit late.

I not worried but, this is another trend I wish to changed because I believe this will help regulate the way my body reacts to food, how do you feel out there :bigsmile:
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Good evening all, thank you Rachel this is so true .... yes, I believe we are having fun I can feel it :smile: very nice .....

The subject of sleep, yep sleep :yawn: I am trying to get to bed earlier, I have a tendancy to get 4 to 5 hours because I have a few bits to take care of like excercise, watch tv, phone calls, washing, supper then when I finally get to bed I see oh dear it's a bit late.

I not worried but, this is another trend I wish to changed because I believe this will help regulate the way my body reacts to food, how do you feel out there :bigsmile:

Yes I agree, Monicqua,

I am sure sleep is very important, and I don't get enough either. I have found that I have become kind of a insomniac since I starting exercising, can't sleep much. But my energy level during the day seems to be okay. Anybody else experience this?
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    So I had my weekly weigh in today at my office, and I am down 2 more pounds!! I am so happy, I hope I can keep it up. I hope everyone else with weighs in coming up over the weekend or on Monday have success as well.

I am getting ready to go out for dinner and drinks with some friends, so I hope I can stay on track.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hey everyone, weighed in yesterday and I've lost 4.5lbs! I'm so happy! This definitely makes up for the past two weeks where I have maintained!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

And well done Rachel on your loss!
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Carthago- Wow, 4.5 pounds that is great. It seems like it was like a delay, and you caught up all at once!! That is great, congratulations on the loss. I hope everyone is doing well!
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    Hi everyone, I haven't posted on here all week!! It's been a crazy week work wise. Well done everyone on your weightloss, you're all doing so well!

And welcome to Monicqua, happy to have you join us and thank you for sharing your introduction with us :o)

I've lost 2.5 inches, mostly from my legs. I think they've finally got the message that the rest of me is loosing weight! Lol And I've lost 2lbs. Friday saw me having a big eat! And Saturday, my boyfriend wanted another one, I tried the 'I'll make us a healthy vegetable pasta bake', but he said no. So I stuck to vegetable based dishes, planned what I could have with the 777 calories I had left and stuck to chicken instead of my usual red meat. I was very please with myself! I just have to make sure I drink lost of water today to flush out the sodium!!

I hope everyone has a good week and keep up the great work!
    I am falling behind on the exercise because I have a cold and don't feel too great but trying to keep up my 30 Shred because I'm nearly at Level 3 and I don't want to have to start over.
    I hope you and your computer get well soon! x
    Hey everyone, weighed in yesterday and I've lost 4.5lbs! I'm so happy! This definitely makes up for the past two weeks where I have maintained!
    That's fantastic! Great work, you must be bouncing off the Walls excited!!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Thanks guys, well done to you all with your losses. Thank you for the support, sometimes I think, if I wasn't encouraged, I would have given up at the first maintain. Then where would I be? Well, probably half-way back to being my start weight.

This is definitely a change for life. When I eat badly, I no longer think, 'Sod it...' then go back to my old eating habits. I now think, 'Well tomorrow, I'll eat really healthy foods and exercise a bit harder to try and make up for it.' This is so strange, but it's who I am now, after 6 weeks :-)

I am truly excited, this is the longest I've ever stuck to anything before, and I'm not finding it a massive struggle. So, once again, thank you all!

Sorry for the mini essay, hope you all have lovely days!
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Time for my update :) Lost 2.5lbs this past week which really pleased me, as the week before it was a measly 0.5lb. I wondered if I was going to plateau and so started calorie cycling, which I read about on these boards, where you eat different amounts of calories each day to confuse your metabolism. I don't know for sure if it was that which lost me the calories this week or not but I'm going to stick with it. It does seem to me that if you stick to the same cals each day/week it is likely that your body would just get used to it :)

I am LOVING losing weight....it's making me feel goooooooooooood :)
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Time for my update :) Lost 2.5lbs this past week which really pleased me, as the week before it was a measly 0.5lb. I wondered if I was going to plateau and so started calorie cycling, which I read about on these boards, where you eat different amounts of calories each day to confuse your metabolism. I don't know for sure if it was that which lost me the calories this week or not but I'm going to stick with it. It does seem to me that if you stick to the same cals each day/week it is likely that your body would just get used to it :)

I am LOVING losing weight....it's making me feel goooooooooooood :)

Wow, congrats on the 2.5 pound loss!! Great strategy with the "calorie confusion". Keep up the good work everybody!!
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    Thanks guys, well done to you all with your losses. Thank you for the support, sometimes I think, if I wasn't encouraged, I would have given up at the first maintain. Then where would I be? Well, probably half-way back to being my start weight.

This is definitely a change for life. When I eat badly, I no longer think, 'Sod it...' then go back to my old eating habits. I now think, 'Well tomorrow, I'll eat really healthy foods and exercise a bit harder to try and make up for it.' This is so strange, but it's who I am now, after 6 weeks :-)

I am truly excited, this is the longest I've ever stuck to anything before, and I'm not finding it a massive struggle. So, once again, thank you all!

Sorry for the mini essay, hope you all have lovely days!
    It's like you read my mind! I feel the same way. This is the best I've ever done just through healthy eating and I couldn't have done it without the support. I know, because I tried :o) And don't apologise for writing "essays". LOL I love reading what everyone has to say and we're on this thread, so we can express ourselves more than in a 2 line news feed :o) Keep up the fab work!!

@snockers3112 I agree with you about the calorie cycle thing. It seems to work with me, as long as I don't carry it on!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I decided on New Year's day that I was going to make this a healthier year!

I joined Rosemary Conley diet club (UK) on January 4th, and have lost 17lb so far!
    It's great - I love the Zumba & Latin Fitness classes that are included free as part of the weekly meetings.

Height: 5'7" (170cm)
    SW =247.5lbs
    CW =230.5lbs
    GW =168lbs
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    Well, I decide to post before and now pics. Here's the thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182678-before-now-pics-83lbs-left-to-go-o?page=1#posts-2424664 Ignore the fact that I wrote MFO throughout, instead of MFP!!
    I decided on New Year's day that I was going to make this a healthier year!

I joined Rosemary Conley diet club (UK) on January 4th, and have lost 17lb so far!
    It's great - I love the Zumba & Latin Fitness classes that are included free as part of the weekly meetings.

Height: 5'7" (170cm)
    SW =247.5lbs
    CW =230.5lbs
    GW =168lbs

Welcome and well done on your success so far! Come back to this thread often and keep us up to date, share and be supported :o)
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! Its great to see the support for each other. I am a beginner at this....but its MY TIME to really stop talking and wishing about it, and DO IT! So far, I'm loving the site and app...and hope it helps keep me on track in losing, to start, 25 pounds! My goal is to lose 40...and being 37, sure isnt as easy as it was when I was in my 20s! (DARN IT!)

Please feel free to add me as a friend...can't have too many of them! :)

Karen

Count me in too! My name is Myschelle, I'm fairly new to MFP. I'm really finding the site VERY HELPFUL. I can really see what I'm eating/drinking and where I need to make changes. I love the reports (and plan on printing for my doctor, who just doesn't get it!). I have 30-40 lbs to loose, and I've managed to loose 2 as of today (which I am VERY thankful for). At 40, my scale refuses to move, but I will win! When I was in my 20's I could cut soda out and drop 10 lbs in a week....boy are those days gone. I cut soda out now, and nothing. But I know my work will pay off.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck all!
    Myschelle