Can I lose ____ in ____ amount of time??

Options
Can I lose hmm close to 60lbs @ least by june first of this year??? I run 45 minutes a day, plus weight training 3 days a week and cardio 6 days a week. I eat 1200 calories per day sometime a little more cuz of my exercise calories, I am just wondering if I push hard enough if anyone thinks its possible, I really wanna be thinner for summer, I dont wanna have yet another fat boring summer. GIVE ME INPUT! Thanks! =)

Replies

• grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Something being possible and something being recommended are different things. I know how it feels to want it all gone over night but the truth is that is didn't come on over night and you should find a balance that will work for you long term so that you don't have to re-visit and binge diet in the future. It sounds like given the amount of exercise you're getting that 1200 calories a day is pretty low. I worry that you will eventually burn out and turn to food you shouldn't be eating. That's how it's been in my experience anyway. Good luck!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    It gets harder to lose weight as you get to the stubborn weight. You have to shock your body like twice a day workouts and very strict diet. I think you should aim for 30. Greet job on your weightless so far!
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    June 1st is 14 weeks away. If you lose 2 lbs/week, (which is a lot in the real world) you will lose 28. I would shoot for 30 also, and you can still get to your 60 lb goal by the end of summer. People around you will totally notice a 30 lb loss, and you will look better than ever! If you strive for the impossible, you are risking letting yourself down and getting frustrated.
  • MXZDrew
    Options
    It will be tough to hold those goals, they are very aggressive. The most important thing is don't let it be all or nothing. With that I mean if you fall short of your goal, don't get discouraged, just stick with it. As your signature says.... "It's not a diet, it's a life change". With that in mind, if you truly mean that, your goals WILL come in time. You WILL be in much better shape by this summer without a doubt. Even if you are not at your final goal, you will be well on your way and already feeling much better! Also, expect the rate of loss to slow down in time, thats normal. Especially with weight training the addition of muscle while losing fat will make you feel like you are getting nowhere. Make sure you don't put too much emphasis on pounds. There is much more to it than that. Other good goals would be resting heart rate improvements, ability to sustain efforts over longer periods of time, etc... Your new found fitness has so much more to it than weight.

Congrats on meeting Week 1 goals! Stick with it!