Confused and Pissy

Options
2»

Replies

• shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Make your own juice! or eat the oranges instead. Take it one day at a time and it'll work. You will get frustrated occasionally but that happens in this journey :)
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Making mistakes is the only way to learn.

The more I learn about nutrition the more I realize that I don`t know that much about it . I used to think I understood nutrition, now that I actually educated myself on the matter I realize there is still a lot i don`t understand about how the body uses the nutrition we give it.

Pick up a reputable book on teh matter, or better yet msg me and I can email you a great pdf book on nutrition and exercise.
  • kevanos
    Options
    I think MFP default is 50%carb, 20% protein, 30% fat or something like that

There is a lot of opinions on what macro-nutirent ratios are the best but this is what I decided on for weight loss + exercise through my research.

55% carb, 30% protein, 15% fat.

i changed it in my custom goals as described above.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. But this site has helped me with my portions... I still eat pretty much what I want in reason, just less of it and it seriously made a huge difference in my life. I hope you find the same success!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Excuse my language, but this whole "being healthy" thing is just pissing me off... and to top it off I can't get it right... I had a glass of orange juice this morning thinking I was making a healthy choice... just to find out that the one glass put me over my recommended sugar intake for the day... I have been told that my attitude will change over time and that it will go from making me mad to habit, but right now I am frustrated...and venting.... but in all seriousness... if I can't get it right, how am I supposed to lose weight???

I drink orange juice but I get the juice with no sugar added. Don't get so worked up. Eating healthier is about finding healthy alternatives. You found your first one...regular o.j. now you see you need to tweak it. Find O.J. that contains only natural sugars or drink fresh squeezed. Natural sugars can put you over but they are good sugars and don't have to be counted. Fruits are good for you.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Trop50 is my best friend. I could drink OJ all day long. This has half the sugar and half the calories.

Mine to!!
  • Kelly2251
    Options
    My orange juice is no sugar added... all natural except for the added Vit. D and Cal.
  • kevanos
    Options
    I can't imagine why some people would not count the sugar from fruit. It's not like those calories don't matter.
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have oj every morning. I only have 4oz and I don't go too much over on my sugar. If at all.
  • siduri
    Options
    Like some have said, I add water to my orange juice too. Sometimes I'll fill the cup up with some ice cubes. I'll usually end up with about 4 oz instead of 8.

I really love orange juice! :P