Uncrustables

Options
Does anyone know if these are bad for you?

Replies

• hideandseek
    Options
    Does anyone know if these are bad for you?
  • rayche319
    Options
    i LOVE them; i remember looking at the packages when i started dieting and thinking "over 200 calories for these.." i havent bought them since.....
  • girldeese
    Options
    If you like them enough to sacrifice some of your calories, why not?? I do this with my daily latte....but it is soooo worth it to me. :wink:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :huh: never heard of it.... sounds discusting though lol
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I tried one once on a train... I thought it was nasty. It's better to make your own PJ&B w/whole wheat bread, organic jam, and all natural peanut butter.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if you like it you can fit it in once in awhile. I wouldn't say they're GOOD for you, but there's nothing wrong with an occasional treat.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    well, they are as healthy as white bread with a ton of jelly and more peanut butter than a regular serving. Would you pull white bread and peanut butter and jelly out of the cabinet and make it and freeze it with preservatives to keep it "fresh".

Just a thought, and I would say NO they are not the best things you could choose to eat. If you want pb&j, make some, preferably on wheat bread, use no sugar preserves and either natural or LF peanut butter (and a serving is only 2 TBSP)

:drinker:
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    They aren't really "good" for you, per say...but they're not horrible. I buy them every once in a while for my kids, and I love them!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Negative on the uncrustables....maybe for breakfast they're okay for a quick bite but they probably won't keep you full for very long...
  • Jules4506
    Options
    I'm looking at an empty box of the strawberry ones right now...here are the details:

1 sandwich = 210 calories (calories from fat are 80)
    9 grams fat
    saturdated fat 2 grams
    0 trans fats
    0 cholesterol
    220 mg sodium
    25 g carbs
    2 g fiber
    10g sugar
    6 g protein

hope this helps!
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    But seriously... why not just make a PB&J???

It's kinda like those Bagelful things... manufacturers are marketing on the laziness of people in that we won't even take the time to prepare our own food (whether that be putting some pb&j on bread or spreading cream cheese on a bagel) and we buy it!? Why? Why do we insist on eating foods that we could make ourselve... and then get all the added chemicals and preservatives that we wouldn't get if we DID make them ourselves.

Yes, I'm ranting again... I know.

But, seriously... whole wheat bread, peanut butter (all natural), and jelly (organic)... if you don't go crazy with the pb&j then you won't get something awfully high in calories. Heck, for kids, they really probably only need one slice of bread cut in half when it comes to pb&j.

Ok ok... I'll stop ranting. :embarassed:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    But seriously... why not just make a PB&J???

It's kinda like those Bagelful things... manufacturers are marketing on the laziness of people in that we won't even take the time to prepare our own food (whether that be putting some pb&j on bread or spreading cream cheese on a bagel) and we buy it!? Why? Why do we insist on eating foods that we could make ourselve... and then get all the added chemicals and preservatives that we wouldn't get if we DID make them ourselves.

Yes, I'm ranting again... I know.

But, seriously... whole wheat bread, peanut butter (all natural), and jelly (organic)... if you don't go crazy with the pb&j then you won't get something awfully high in calories. Heck, for kids, they really probably only need one slice of bread cut in half when it comes to pb&j.

Ok ok... I'll stop ranting. :embarassed:

wonder why i am fat? I cant even cut up some turkey and cheddar cheese and pull out some crackers, I need to buy a luncable? No more my friend, no more.