milk/ sweet/ caffeine fix, problem?

Options
I can't seem to keep away from chocolate and white coffee's (2 sugs + milk.) I don't know what to do, I've limited myself to either one small cup of white coffee (unrefined sugar) OR two suares of 70% cocoa chocolate. I can't see myself going cold turkey. But so far I have failed to stick to my own limit! I have my coffee in the morning and I feel content but then by afternoon I start craving more and I have more coffee AND chocolate on top of that.. I just can't seem to stop myself. I'm angry at myself, everynight I get all motivated and swear to myself that tomorrow I will stick to my limit but I just do it again, why? Is it lack of self-respect or what?
I think it is an addiction, either that or I have really low self-disipline

If you have any advice or have/ are going through something similar please share! thank you

Replies

• muchlessfat
    Options
    today I wolfed down a large choc bar of Hersheys creme n cookies.. 1,100 calories :( usually I throw half in the bin or leave some for the next day, I think its getting out of control.
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic, and have started drinking Chocolate Shakeology by beachbody. I have tried many chocolate shakes before, and this one is honestly the best one I've ever had. This totally takes care of my chocolate and sweet cravings, and it's really healthy. If you're interested in more info, inbox me. Good luck!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I went through a similar issue with sweets in general, particularly chocolate. I finally just had to go cold turkey and leave it behind me. It took an incredible amount of self discipline. Now, I have SOME sweets, usually once a day to satisfy my cravings. You can have 24 nestle chocolate chips and they are only 70 calories!!! That one has helped me a lot!!

I know its hard to do and easier said than done, but... its all a matter of willpower!!! Try a cup of hot herbal tea in the afternoon instead of your coffee. Ration out those chocolate chips and make them last about 30 minutes. It sounds to me like you're doing more than craving, but stress eating. Your stress is causing your lack of willpower.... Maybe??
  • lanadee
    lanadee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am willing to bet you know the answer...how badly do you want to lose weight? I am a sugar/choco-holic myself. I found that I had to sacrifice. I still crave but I want to be thin more. So I allow myself ONE treat a day. A reward at the end for me. I drink coffee but it is with splenda. I much rather have it "my way" but I have done that for too many years.

It is up to you. What do you want more? <3
  • muchlessfat
    Options
    I have been under emotional stress.. I always had a sweet tooth but I think I'm using caffeine & sugar to boost my mood.. i just feel really sick right now, I will try my best to stick to just my morning coffee tomorrow, I'm at home now living with my mum and I think I will ask her to take the jar of coffee with her to work, plus all my money just for a few days so I don't buy any more!
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hear you...I love coffee and I LOVE LOVE LOVE sweets especially chocolate. Fiber One bars have chocolate plus fiber and are yum yum! Try substituting? I mean its not as great as having a piece of fruit but its a controlled way to handle the sweet tooth and get a little healthfulness in there. We are women and we are emotional eaters so I feel your pain...when I am stressed I wanna scarf down the whole pantry! Hope this helps...hang in there.
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If there is chocolate in my house I will eat it all until its gone. So I don't keep it in the house. When I want chocolate, I think is it worth going all the way to the store to get. Usually its not, but I still get it from time to time. I also keep as little cash as possible so I don't give in at the vending machines.
  • gokate1
    Options
    Okay so try
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Luna Protein Bars or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Zone Bars because both have 180 caloris 12-10 g of protein and taste exactly like choco chip cookie dough. Also try Nabisco 100 cal snack packs and you can get chocolate covered pretzels or chip ahoy cookies in portion controlled packs so you only have 100 calories. Also, if you must have chocolate have dark chocolate because it's actually healthy...ish! =)
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have been under emotional stress.. I always had a sweet tooth but I think I'm using caffeine & sugar to boost my mood.. i just feel really sick right now, I will try my best to stick to just my morning coffee tomorrow, I'm at home now living with my mum and I think I will ask her to take the jar of coffee with her to work, plus all my money just for a few days so I don't buy any more!

Instead of using caffeine and sugar try working out, you get the same if not better stress relief from a workout and it does not hurt your progress. It all comes down to a choice, if you are going to choose to be weak, than don't come whining to us. We all fight this battle.
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Maybe try vanilla almond mild... blue diamond makes some that is 90 calories it is sweet. It my new favorite so maybe try that in place if you can control it like when i am in extreme stress i def let myself have some otherwise i will go mad