Hi

Options
I just started this 2 days ago. I hope it helps. I am not one to diet, but watching what I eat has worked in the past. Support in an on-line group like this also helps. I get motivated by other people's achievements. It is harder to quit when you are being watched.
I have recently spent three months in the hospital with my son. That is a long story for another time. while I was there, I gained about 20 pounds. I think the only place I walked to was to get food. I sat around a lot so I didn't get much exercise. I was quite stressful so I took comfort in eating.

Replies

• dconner13
    dconner13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi back! I know jusy logging what I ate instead of guesstamating helps tons. Cause my memory isn't what it used to be! "Oops...I forgot I ate that candy bar!" Lol! Good luck add me if ya need some friends on here.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site. Good Luck.
  • notmyrealname
    notmyrealname Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome....Love this site. Good luck and keep tracking.
  • better4you
    Options
    Now that you are out of the hospital scene, things will look up for you.Hope all is well with your son. Hopefully, 20 pounds is all you have to worry about. I'm sure this site and the people with ideas will help you out. I didn't have to spend 3 months in the hospital, but I had brain surgery a year and a half ago and was on steroids and other meds. All I could think of while in there was sweet stuff. I had plenty of fruit bowls, but I craved donuts and junk like that. The cravings kept going and going for quite some time even off the medication. I'm finally fighting this now, even going to the gym. I have to work on my balance too. I gained quite a bit over this time, but will work at it little by little. Good luck!!
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome & hello back at ya! You'll love this site - such great support!
  • Hoffmandm
    Options
    Thanks!!!:happy:
  • Hoffmandm
    Options
    Thank you! I have already benefited from the support. I think I am going to like this site.