New to the site and looking for support.

Options
Hi my name is Carolina! I have joined this site because I need the support, motivation and an easy way to track my progress.
Had a Doctor's appointment today because I have notice a change in my health and body, especially that I have gained a few pounds. Well it turns out that I gained 14 lbs. since October. This was a wake up call for me, I'm 8 lbs. away from the 200 lb. line and this is a number I don't ever want to see on the scale, I want to get my weight down because the health problems that come along with being over weight really scares me. So I have decided to put a stop on it before it happens. I know that this is not going to be easy for me, I have a very hard time sticking to m goals. But I need to stay focus on the reason why I'm doing this.Tomorrow will be the start of a new life style for me.... =o) I hope I can do this, any advice would be helpful and welcomed... Thank you!

Replies

• NoelleW
    NoelleW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! With every new member the world we live in changes just a little for the better :) I mean it. This site will help. Be honest, track all of your food (I mean all of it, every table spoon of butter and handful of M&M's). The only way to know how to change your behavior is to know what your behavior is now....and log in every day. See ya out there getting healthy!!:drinker:
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You have made the first step.
  • brittastin
    Options
    you can do it just stay focus, and motivated..!! add me as a friend if you like.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Glad you found this site, it is super awesome!! Everyone on here is very supportive and encouraging, whether you have a long way to go, or just that last few pounds, you can get it done if you set your mind to it, and it sounds like you have! Like another member said, track and log everything and keep logging in. I've only been on here a few weeks now, but have seen success already, and if I can do it, ANYONE can! =) Feel free to add me if you're in need of support and good luck in your journey! Oh, and it's funny that your from Brazil, we have some good friends that are from there, also, sounds like a wonderful place, they are always so happy when they get to go visit!
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This site is full of support and help! Welcome to it! Feel free to add me!
  • katieg2289
    Options
    Welcome! As other posters have said before me, you have made the first step!! Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's awesome here!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! :D
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! This site is amazing with tons of support here to help you through anything.
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's a great site add me :smile:
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! Take it one day at a time and celebrate every success...no matter how little it is!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Love this site so much and I've only been here for a week! Feel free to add me if you like :bigsmile:
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Ive been here since July 2010, I did well then I fell back into old habits and gained 10lbs. But now I feel that this time when I lose them I am saying goodbye to them forever. So now I'm kinda starting again.
    Still got a long way to go til my goal. But I have learnt that however desperate I am to see big numbers every weigh in, this isn't actually an episode of biggest loser, this is my life and slow and steady definitely wins the race!

Put yourself out there and add people from the forums, if you this they will give you motivation and support from the replies they have written to other posts, just put in a friend request.

Good Luck