How long has it taken women to drop pant size

Options
I currently wear a 11/13 in pants and I'm just so eager to start noticing my clothes getting too big for me. In my first week on MFP, I lost .5 inches in both my neck and my waist (which is my biggest trouble area.) So I would love to hear from some ladies about how long it took for them to drop sizes. Thank you all in advance! :)

Replies

• T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I started losing weight the beginning of december, I've lost just over 14 pounds and I started at a 16/18 and now I'm at a 12/14 :)
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your body shape and where you tend to lose weight.
    It also depends on exercises you are doing.
    Not all of us lose weight in our tummies.
    I went from a size 22 down to a 12 but I can't honestly say I don't know at what weight loss "milestones" I dropped sizes.
    I do a lot of toning with weights and exercise classes but also do a lot of cardio.
    So while I might not be dropping a ton of pounds according to the scale, I can tell that my mid-section is getting more toned and smaller.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Within the first week & a half I dropped a pant size! I went from 12 to a 10. (My "happy weight" puts me around a size 6-8, few more pounds to go lol). My weight isn't dropping very fast, but my size is. I've lost about 9lbs in 5 weeks (slooooooow), but at least my inches are disappearing!
  • hlokty07
    Options
    Even though I have only lost 16 pounds, I went from a size 20 in december to a 16 as of last week! All I can say is I hope they keep dropping! Good luck! :)
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Has actually taken me a few months to drop a size. Started at a size 9 and am starting to be able to get into a 5
    i also started at 134 though and lost weight in other areas >.>
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Not all people will lose pant's sizes at the same time so dont get discouraged if you dont. I havent lost a pants size yet with 18lbs gone and inches gone as well. It just tells me my pants were way to tight, and I must have been dressed like a hooker. At least thats my guess :tongue:
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I've lost 15 lbs and haven't dropped any pant sizes yet, but my pants are getting baggy now. I have gone from XL to L in shirts!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Several (ok more like 8) years ago I dropped 60 lbs and every 20 lbs I would change a pant size. Mind you I was very large. I have just lost 20 lbs according to the scale and I have yet to see a change at all in my pants :( it makes me sad.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My pants were kind of tight when I started, I've lost 8 but they are really just fitting properly now. I'm hoping with 5-10 more I'll drop a size. Everyone, please remember, a healthly weight loss is between 1 and 2 pounds a week, more can be dangerous.
  • Anna19911
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds and I've dropped one pants size.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9lbs so far, over 8 weeks. This has taken me from my "fat pants" starting to get too tight to the same pants starting to look too baggy. So I've probably lost one full pant size, though I haven't had to dig out my old, next size down pants yet.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It just tells me my pants were way to tight, and I must have been dressed like a hooker. At least thats my guess :tongue:

LOL!!! Nah, we're all guilty of doing this, don't worry!! Baggy shirts are the key when we're in denial about our actual size, lol. :wink:
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Not all people will lose pant's sizes at the same time so dont get discouraged if you dont. I havent lost a pants size yet with 18lbs gone and inches gone as well. It just tells me my pants were way to tight, and I must have been dressed like a hooker. At least thats my guess :tongue:

this made me laugh so much...lol!!

as of today i am almost at 10lbs lost (it's actually 9.9..that dang 0.1 just didn't wanna happen :P ) but my pants are practically falling off, and my mom actually said she noticed that my tummy isn't sitting out as far when i sit down. hooray for the pregnant look starting to go away :) so i am probably pretty close to moving to the next size in my waist, but my thighs have always been pretty big, so idk if i could actually move down a size over all. it's all good for me either way, i just need to go invest in a belt! haha
  • losing4myself
    Options
    Same as Anna, i have now lost 25 pounds and ONE pant size!! Totally not complaining though!! That's one size smaller and I know as time passes I will drop even more pant sizes!!
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I carry my weight mostly in my hips, butt, and thighs so these areas are usually the last to slim down on me. I have gone from an XL/1X (16-18W) to a size large (14) since January 3rd. I can pull my size 18 jeans off without unbuttoning or zipping, but I can still wear my larger sizes without them falling down.
  • I have big hips and a small waist. I just started, but I can tell you what it took me to move up a pant size. Over the course of a year I gained 20 lbs, eek! It took me the last 3 pounds of that to admit that I needed to move up a pant size. Oh and as a side note, I'm a Mexican border girl and I can tell you that those jeans were painted on in the first place;) Ha, not sure how I managed to squeeze into them as long as I did! In any case, I hope to be shrinking back into those jeans soon! I hope you luck in shrinkin' right along with me!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I went from a 18 stretch (was probably a 20, but forced myself in the 18 stretch), to a size 4/6/8. It depends on the clothing item. I didn't buy any new clothes for about 4 months after I started this. I KNOW that I could have but I didn't want to buy clothes and just have to buy more later. I wore very baggy clothes for a bit.

I am in the Navy and I had to buy a new uniform as baggy uniforms are out of standards. I went from a large to a small in every uniform item and it has been 6 months.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'm down 12 lbs and though I can see my hips are slightly slimmer and my tummy is slightly smaller when I look in the mirror I am not down a size.....not yet.
  • I have lost 13 almost 14 pounds and my jeans actually are starting to fit. I bought them when they were way to tight and now they are actually starting to fall off. :) and my best friend has also noticed that my tummy is slightly smaller than before.
  • reikichris
    Options
    I started in January and have lost 22 pounds. In the beginning I was about to burst out of size 14, now size 12 is almost too loose.